Mig/ Griffon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mig/ Griffon

Since Reno is over with, I have something else to entertain all of you. I have been working on this concept for a while. What do you think?

Larry
    Attached Files

Re: Mig/ Griffon

Ooooh....

Ahhhh...

Griffons...

Try this one of for size:

Griffon in front... and Griffon in back... It just makes ya tingle with anticipation...

Face it, there's no cure.
    Jerry Beck II
    Director of Photography
    1st. Asst. Director
    Thunder Over Reno

Comment

Larry,

If you build it, it will fly!!!

Wolfee

Comment

This is another version, with a correction. It is supposed to be RR Moscow on the tail, not russia. I gave Roger O'Day incorrect info. (yeah, Roger from the old BMB crew). I had done a side view, but it was a little sloppy, so Roger fixed it up for me.I don't know the vodka company, but there slogan is: 3?OPBbE or something like that, translation: "For Your Health". I couldn't help myself, I just had to make the drawing RED, with Black trim, and then I got inspired and just had to put #88 on it! BMB-2, NO! (but it sure looks good)

I will post more later, gotta have some dinner.

Larry
        Attached Files

Comment

Wayne, when you sent me that PM, I bet you had no idea what that was all about. I was trying to keep things quiet for a little while, but as we were looking for Migs and Griffons, some people started catching on. I wanted to get it to you before it got anywhere else, you're the MAN!
          I reckon we should get some activity on this thread.

Thanks for everything Wayne.

Larry

Comment

Hi Larry, that’s definitely a cool concept but do you think it would be doable with the Mig sitting so low to the ground and having to cut a prop down so much?
            Jason Schillereff

Comment

Shoot ohboy howdy! Who'd a thunk that

this

woulda' begat

that!!

But we were kidding... Somehow, I don't think Larry is!

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Jason, That's the part I am zero-ing in on now, I think I have come up with a solution.

Gotta make it happen!
                I've learned more about Migs and Griffons than I ever wanted to know, but it has sure been fun.

Larry
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jason S.
                  Hi Larry, that’s definitely a cool concept but do you think it would be doable with the Mig sitting so low to the ground and having to cut a prop down so much?
                  Easy, make it a taildragger. Now, ditch the problematic contra rotating props and you might be on to something!
                  "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Reminds me of the XF-84H Thunderscreech. That had just shy of 6,000 HP. Sure looks cool, and I bet it would sound, well, more than sexy.
                    Two questions; can you get enough HP out of a Griffon to make it go fast enough and is there any rule in the unlimited's about wing sweep?
                    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Is there enough room between the cockpit and the nose to fit a Griffon? Seems like the pilot would be sitting right on top of the motor.

Comment

Bury it in the fuse with an extension shaft...
                        airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

I wonder if a MiG-21 fuselage/wing might not be better suited for such a conversion?

Comment

How would a delta do on the pylons? I never pictured them as a high perfomance turning planform. I'm not an aero engineer tho. PLUS it would be mucho heavier I would think and the Griffon only can do so much. I like the lightened Mig-15, mid engine, fair off the exhaust. Keep the airbrakes and use them on the chute to keep the power settings high. Get Leeward to fly it, he has pylon Mig time!
                            Cool idea Bluffman.
                            airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lance
                              Is there enough room between the cockpit and the nose to fit a Griffon? Seems like the pilot would be sitting right on top of the motor.

With that wing-sweep, the engine would HAVE to be located behind the pilot for weight-and-balance reasons, P-39 style.

Comment

Working...
                              X