Furis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furis

I'm at Paine Field and Furis is being loaded on a flat bed at this moment.

Norm

Re: Furis

Pics??????
    Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Flashonyrsix

Norm
      Furis? What's a Furis?

Comment

He may be indicating that 'Furias' was being moved from the Paul Allen "Museum of Flight".

Comment

Originally posted by beachboss
          "the Paul Allen "Museum of Flight"."
          Never heard of it. Could it be the "Flying Heritage Collection"?

Comment

Furias was/is based at Paine field in Everett Wa, which is also the location of Paul Allen's Flying Heritage Collection ( FHC ) Flashonyersix was at FHC and witnessed across the apron said aircraft being loaded onto the transport trailer. Rad

Comment

Originally posted by Flashonyrsix

Norm

It figures I was stuck in the factory at that time.
              Tad

Comment

If I could spell I would probably be working instead of hanging around airports. I didn't have my camera, as I was giving a tour the plane headed out with a couple of pilot cars, only problem was the plane was on the flat bed in a right bank.
                Norm

Comment

LOL.... While we have been asked to not divluge details... In an earlier piece, we did say that Furias had been sold... the new owners/handlers made the decision to truck the airplane to where it will be developed, rathter go through the effort to make it flyable, only to tear it apart once it gets where it's going.

As mentioned above, we can't say more right now. The good news is this is going to be an exciting project, which will only add to the year that is already developing and it's only November!

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Everybody knew what Flash was talking about. (Furis). The mean spirited posts are the reason more lurkers will continue to lurk. Why take a chance at being made to look like an idiot. Aren't we here to learn and talk about airplanes?
                    ...going off the rails on a crazy train....

Comment

Originally posted by a4gturn
                      Everybody knew what Flash was talking about. (Furis). The mean spirited posts are the reason more lurkers will continue to lurk. Why take a chance at being made to look like an idiot. Aren't we here to learn and talk about airplanes?

Lighten up Francis

Just because I didn't equate Furis to Furias doesn't make me feel like an idiot and I am sure that my ignorance is not what keeps lurkers from posting.

Comment

Re: Furias

I was traveling northbound on Highway 5 Saturday morning 11/15/08 at around 8 AM. I believe I wa in between Dinnigan and Williams. In the southbound lanes, I spotted what looked like the fuselage of Furias on a flatbed truck. There was a wide-load/pilot vehicle following. As another reader mentioned, it was sitting on its right side, rolled into a right bank. The blue/orange/white paint immediately made me think Furias..........thanks for confirming.

Comment

Where is the other Furias line? The details are not secret nor are they being kept secret by those who are working on the plane. What's all the heavy handed fuss?
                          I don't do mushroom well (you know, kept in the dark and covered with horse doo doo).

Comment

I don't understand it either, why people want to keep warbird ownership a secret is beyond me. Besides, the so called secret of who the owner is, is probably known by 95% of the people who read this board, including me!!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams
                              I don't understand it either, why people want to keep warbird ownership a secret is beyond me. Besides, the so called secret of who the owner is, is probably known by 95% of the people who read this board, including me!!
                              Please P.M. me the info.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X