Remembering TheDoctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering TheDoctor

In 2002, AAFO got together with Dwight Thorn and asked visitors to this site to submit questions "Ask TheDoctor"...

Dwight graciously agreed to answer some of the questions during his guest appearance at the NAG banquet that year.

As we searched the site tonight for memories of this great man... bringing back this story seemed like just the right thing to do.

There is an audio presentation that you really don't want to miss as well as a recompilation of Dwight's notes for a 1997 NAG gathering within this two page article.

God Speed DOCTOR..

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Remembering TheDoctor

Thank you Wayne. I hope someone, somewher puts the real history of air racing, not the statistics but all the humann stories and anecdotes, together in one great book. Before it is too late.
    Unfortunately it is beyond me.

Comment

Yea the first such book Gentleman You Have A Race was great. But we have 25 more years of great stories out there and it doesn't seem like Tegler is going to do another one. It's amazing he had so much on all the classes- not just unlimiteds.

John

Comment

What a fantastic article, a great way to pay tribute, nice work!

Comment

My wife will always remember Dwight Thorn as Mr. Pipi, because of the shorts he used to wear working on Stega(no offense intended, an affectionate nickname). Great tribute to Dwight! Blue Skies forevever Doc.

Frank and Kathi Caruso
          Last edited by Frank C.; 11-10-2008, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X