Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pond racer video link on youtube.

5 min video of the pond racer.

Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 11-05-2008, 08:04 PM.

Re: Pond racer video link on youtube.

Here is more video about the Pond Racer on youtube, titled: Pond Racer (Beyond the cutting edge).

In this fully illustrated Power Point presentation, Michael Schratt will cover the design, construction, and test flight program of the most exotic aircraft ever to participate in the Reno National Air Races. Also to be revealed, classified drag coefficient reduction techniques used by the USAF, and a sneak peek into what tomorrow's future air racers will look like.

Part 1
    In this fully illustrated Power Point presentation, Michael Schratt will cover the design, construction, and test flight program of the most exotic aircraft ...

Part 2

Part 3
    Part 3 of the 5 Part Pond Racer presentation by aviation historian Michael Schratt

Part 4

Part 5
    Part 5 of 5 of the Pond Racer presentation.Your questions/comments/feedback are welcome Contact: Michael Schratt email: auroracad5@aol.com For mo...
    Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 11-05-2008, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta
      In this fully illustrated Power Point presentation, Michael Schratt will cover the design, construction, and test flight program of the most exotic aircraft ever to participate in the Reno National Air Races.
      This was very interesting.

Who is mr. Schratt and when did this presentation take place...sounded like really new stuff.
      http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

awesome!
        CFI/CFII/MEI
        www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com
        www.InvertedCast.com - InvertedCast, The All Aviation Podcast!

Comment

There have been some *interesting* comments and discussion about this particular set of slides and presentation on other parts of the net... Some questioning the author's background and statements. Take it for what it is worth. Certainly thought provoking to say the least.

Michael

Comment

Juke keep up your thoughts & dreams. They thought Jack Northrup was off beam but the only 4 reason we got the B36 instead of Jacks flying wing was political.
            Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob
              Juke keep up your thoughts & dreams. They thought Jack Northrup was off beam but the only 4 reason we got the B36 instead of Jacks flying wing was political.
              Bob,

I had to change radically my design. It has the princible left but the world smallest twin idea is history ( that belongs to mr. Colomban ). It is a high wing monoplane with similar landing gear, but less intersection drag and more area rule.

Working name is "PZL-11 II"..it is open cockpit plane with extremely small proportions and light, yet not looking ridiculous. Moderatly swept wing ( high aspect ratio ) and I might redesignate it to SLEEK STREAK II after my very first rubberband powered plane.

I did already get from hobby store spinners, hinges, pushrods and some balsa ja two sets of tailwheelsystems. I wonder if the simple flying 2-system R/C model flies after the weekend..let's hope so ( first 1/8 scale then 1/4,5 scale model ).

Thanks for believing in this. I have not given up.
              I agree to some extent with Jack Northrop; wing is the thing !

rgds,

Juke
              Last edited by First time Juke; 11-07-2008, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mluvara
                Some questioning the author's background and statements.
                I see he is an ufologist.

One detail about the presentation.

He said " Pond Racer was a high wingloading AC "..so are all the racers.

One thing is important..this came to me when planning the TS II...look at Mustang wingloading it was under 200 kg/m2 ( still 5x more than my small ultra-racer ) where as Me-109G was 250 kg/m2 and Mustang was nearly 4000 lbs heavier and par in speed..more or less ( then look at the nose wheeled Me-209 or was it 309 ).

Large wing with good foil ain't always that bad. Later the H-model Stang was capable of 490 mph with only very little hp increase. The ufoman forgot all about that. He concentrated saying "racing warbirds have 3x the power of the original"..which one ?
                Last edited by First time Juke; 11-07-2008, 01:33 AM.

Comment

In part 2 Michael Schratt says ..." We had in Pond Racer...."

Has he been designing it ?

-------------

Mr. Luvara,

How does the F-1 gear rule go ?

Could a plane with two tail wheels and one main wheel attend ?

Never mind...I found the rules;
                  Last edited by First time Juke; 11-07-2008, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X