Over flew Eagles Nest yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over flew Eagles Nest yesterday.

Not much going on there........but did see a nice B-23, curious who that belongs to. Someone has a T-33 static display in their front yard. Looked very quite around the Mike Brown property. Sure would like to land there sometime......but they have PRIVATE in BIG letters on the runway. Looks like they might be extending the runway too.

Re: Over flew Eagles Nest yesterday.

Originally posted by supercub
    Someone has a T-33 static display in their front yard.......Looks like they might be extending the runway too.
    Maybe the T33 won't be a permanent lawn ornament then.

Comment

The T-33 is in the front yard of the Sanders place, kind of their own gate guardian, not a flyer, they had it out there when I stopped by back in April.

Comment

The B-23 is the ex Howard Hughes personal exec transport. They are storing it for the deceased (I think) owners family. I've had the pleasure of crawling through it and it is quite the sight. It was pretty plush in the day, although much smaller than it appears on the outside!

Interestingly enough, a few of the corncobs for the Buick are spare HK-1 engines.
        Red
        chanting...400+

Comment

That B-23 is the one that was once owned by Howard Hughes and is now for sale I believe. http://www.warbirdregistry.org/b23re...23-390033.html
          Attached Files
          Jason Schillereff

Comment

it used to be owned by Ed Daly and based out of Oakland he owned wold air ways couldnt remember. it had a lepicon on it

Comment

If you ever get an invite, its a great place to be...

Lynn

Comment

forgot to metion that B-23 raced at the the 1975 Lincoln Air Races Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by Red
                  The B-23 is the ex Howard Hughes personal exec transport. They are storing it for the deceased (I think) owners family. I've had the pleasure of crawling through it and it is quite the sight. It was pretty plush in the day, although much smaller than it appears on the outside!

Interestingly enough, a few of the corncobs for the Buick are spare HK-1 engines.

The B-23 is owned by the daughters of the late Mike Bogue who passed away in 1999. The aircraft is for sale. We last flew it in 1994 and we ran the engines in 2002.

Comment

Back in the old day's of the Madera air show we got back to Hollister and about an hour later Mike did a pass on the deck right down runway 31. Some things you just never forget. Are there any B-23's flying now?

Comment

Originally posted by MRE
                      Back in the old day's of the Madera air show we got back to Hollister and about an hour later Mike did a pass on the deck right down runway 31. Some things you just never forget. Are there any B-23's flying now?
                      B-23 N747M was the last one to fly and that was in 1994.

Comment

Working...
                      X