Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tribute To An Ace - Jack Rouch's Malcom Hood B Model Mustang Bud Anderson's Old Crow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribute To An Ace - Jack Rouch's Malcom Hood B Model Mustang Bud Anderson's Old Crow

Dave has been waiting a long time to get this great story up on the site.. with great pride in being able to share with you his work, we present an in depth look at a wonderful new restoration and one of the great men who flew them!

click here or image above to read story

This is a great photo essay, many exciting photos and well worth the read!

Special thanks to Dave "Paintboy" Leininger for taking the time to share this story here on aafo.com!

Enjoy!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Tribute To An Ace - Jack Rouch's Malcom Hood B Model Mustang Bud Anderson's Old Crow

Great article, great airplane, great man!

Having met Col. Anderson at Oskosh several years back, I was very impressed with his kindness to us.
    We had the feeling that fellow pilots are not strangers.

Thank you for the photos too!

Comment

Re: Tribute To An Ace - Jack Rouch's Malcom Hood B Model Mustang Bud Anderson's Old Crow

A well written article. I to have met Col. Anderson and was impressed by his personality and thoughtfulness towards other people...

Lynn

Comment

In all of the combat missions Anderson flew, only a small handful of his 16 victories came from actual dogfights. “We would usually bounce them from above, or get one during a head-on pass.” Anderson said. “I only got into three dogfights.
        Thats what happens when you have Chuck Yeager's eye's looking for bandits!!

His book is great. Very nice guy. Met him several times at reno. always go say hi and shake his hand. these living legends wont be around for much longer.

Comment

What a great article, and photos!

I'm assuming that Col. Anderson doesn't fly Mustangs any more. Does anyone know when his last flight was?

Comment

Col Anderson does fly Mustangs whenever he is given the opportunity. He still, to this day, flies Jack Roush's Mustangs. He is an instructor pilot, and I believe that crosses over to the Mustang. I have to say what a pleasure and honor it was to be able to sit down with these three gentlemen and talk about the Mustang and what this iconic aircraft means to each one of them. This story was four year in the making, and took me over a year and a half to get the time to sit down with Jack Roush, and talk about this project. It is always fulfilling to share these stories with those who appreciate the subject matter. Thank you all for your comments.

Dave

Comment

..my old aircraft had been handed over to Bill Overstreet, as Berlin Express before being sent to Clobber College.
              What is "Clobber College"? The smelter?
              Dave

Comment

Pilot instruction School

Comment

Originally posted by paintboy
                  Col Anderson does fly Mustangs whenever he is given the opportunity. He still, to this day, flies Jack Roush's Mustangs. He is an instructor pilot, and I believe that crosses over to the Mustang. I have to say what a pleasure and honor it was to be able to sit down with these three gentlemen and talk about the Mustang and what this iconic aircraft means to each one of them. This story was four year in the making, and took me over a year and a half to get the time to sit down with Jack Roush, and talk about this project. It is always fulfilling to share these stories with those who appreciate the subject matter. Thank you all for your comments.

Dave
                  Has Col. Anderson flown the Malcolm Hood Mustang yet?

Comment

Very nicely done Dave. Thanks for sharing this here on AAFO.
                    Matt
                    Super Genius Rocket Scientist
                    NCAR Rocks!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X