HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO THE WITCH!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO THE WITCH!!!

Up here in Alaska- Halloween 2008's Midnight 'Witching Hour' has just come & gone, and a few poor unfortunate souls undoubtedly turned into pumpkins. ( )

Here's a selection of available light night photos from the Dawsonian Archives to pay tribute to Race #7 STREGA, the ever-popular witch, who this year once again rode the fastest broom out on the Unlimited racecourse at Reno & brought her master another pot of Gold.

In these photos, you'll recognize alot of familiar faces still working in air racing today on various other teams. Congratulations to Tiger & Team Strega for winning the Reno 2008 Unlimited Gold Championship & a BIG toast to all the many veteran crewmembers who served on this team, working long & hard to make The Witch a true Queen of Air Racing!!! DBD

Top row (L-R): Mon. - 9/8/86

Middle row (L-R): 1- Mon. 9/8/86; 2- Tue. 9/13/88; 3, 4, & 5- Wed. 9/14/88

Bottom row (L-R): 1, 2, 3 & 4- Wed. 9/14/88; 5- Mon. 9/17/90
    Attached Files

Re: HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO THE WITCH!!!

Nice pics Bucky, I especially like the prop blur (in the pit). That’s something you don’t see anymore.
    Jason Schillereff

Comment

Originally posted by Jason S.
      Nice pics Bucky, I especially like the prop blur (in the pit). That’s something you don’t see anymore.
      No kidding! Awesome shots Bucky!
      _________
      -Matt
      Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Happy B-day, here are some old photos and I am sorry they are not so good. Thanks, KC

Comment

That is cool, engine run up in the pits!

Jarrod

Comment

Working...
          X