Sunday Tankers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Tankers

Fire across the valley from my place this afternoon. Tankers are cycling out of Stead, 2 P-3's and 2 Stoofs.
    Attached Files

Re: Sunday Tankers

Originally posted by Smiley
    Fire across the valley from my place this afternoon. Tankers are cycling out of Stead, 2 P-3's and 2 Stoofs.
    Hey Smiles,

Those are some dramatic drops, thanks for sharing
    "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Nice shots! I have some too, just got to edit them

Comment

Nice shots, thanks for sharing. I'll bet the guy's flying those P-3's would love to see them too.

Comment

IMHO Those guys and gals earn every bit of being recognized as war heroes.. It's certainly a different war but man they got to have them hanging to do that work!

Nice job Leo

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks for the great shots. Since I work for Aero Union, I will pass these along to the pilots.

Thanks again,

Wayne

Comment

Thanks! It's quite a thrill watching them pop over a ridge, dive down the slope and drop. Big brass ones on those guys.
              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

the props on the p-3's have such an amazing sound
                Todd Smith

Comment

Originally posted by thunderstangfan
                  the props on the p-3's have such an amazing sound
                  Especially when they're attached to a Bearcat

Thanks for posting. I miss the base at Santa Barbara. Used to spend my lunches watching the bombers fly.
                  No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
                  http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

I grew up under the local pattern at NAS Patuxent River, when it was still an active VP base. I can't tell you how many times I went to sleep and woke up with that music! First time I saw a C-130, I asked my Dad
                    why the engines were upside down!
                    Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Originally posted by SpinB
                      I grew up under the local pattern at NAS Patuxent River, when it was still an active VP base. I can't tell you how many times I went to sleep and woke up with that music! First time I saw a C-130, I asked my Dad
                      I was stationed there from 75-79. I was a non-acoustic operator on P-3's in VX-1. Flew on the H-3's, H-2's and S-3's once in a while. Great job for me. As far as the engines being upside down, that is an inside joke, (or was), between C-130 and P-3 guys when I was involved with them. Of course the Electra came first I believe so I would say they are upside down on the Herky Bird.
                      Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by SpinB
                        I stand corrected. Whoops. C-130 - 1956 Lockheed Electra - 1957 So I've been wrong all these years However, I stand by my statement that C-130's have their engines on upside down.
                        Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Working...
                        X