Arrivals & Airshow video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrivals & Airshow video

Here is the next installment of the Reflections segments http://www.vimeo.com/1933393 it’s a little different from the norm but I thought everyone would like it.
    Jason Schillereff

Re: Arrivals & Airshow video

:that was nice....nice work , with 170 watts on my pc sound it's like i was at reno 08....give me more lol......thnx
    Last edited by flynundertaker; 10-11-2008, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Awsome video! Thanks for posting it.
      Tony

Comment

Very Very nice Jason.. great touch and editing..
        J

Comment

Great footage Jason! I saw stuff in there that my eyes missed in real person. Loved the F15 and F22 touchdowns but my heart got an extra beat in on this part.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks everyone, the after hours arrivals during the early part of the week are a cool time to be out on the ramp. One thing I do miss though is getting out early to get the dawn patrols, but getting that extra little bit of sleep is soooo nice.
            Jason Schillereff

Comment

Absolutely bitchin stuff Jason. Love the Cat Flight & Friday Night Lights too.
              Matt
              Super Genius Rocket Scientist
              NCAR Rocks!!!

Comment

Nice videos.

Re the "Friday Night Lights", what is happening at 1:45 when you see flames start coming out of the exhausts stacks?

Are the flames occuring because the motor is near maximum RPM or is the pilot changing the fuel to air mixtures...?

What's causing the blue flames?

Do these occur all the time while flying or only during full throttle runs...?

Re the "September Pops: Sea Fury" video, is the bird you see that flys near the plane at 2:10, is the bird trying to warn the plane to stay away from it's nest? Did it pass in front of or to the rear of Sept Pops?
                Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 10-13-2008, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Well done Jason, thanks for posting it....

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta
                    Nice videos.

Re the "Friday Night Lights", what is happening at 1:45 when you see flames start coming out of the exhausts stacks?

Are the flames occuring because the motor is near maximum RPM or is the pilot changing the fuel to air mixtures...?

Obviously, the engine is brought up to a very high power setting. Full throttle could not be performed with the tie down that was available at Reno. Need a lot more solid anchor to do that. Nevertheless, this is big power and those that witnessed the runs can attest that the ground rumbles...

During the run up, magneto checks are done, which will skew the flame patterns on the exhaust some.

The blue flames are simply the byproduct of engine exhaust at high power. They're also going supersonic at this point, of which you can see the shock wave cones if you look closely.

At night, you'd see flames coming from the aircraft at these power levels if it was done in flight.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta
                      Nice videos.

Re the "September Pops: Sea Fury" video, is the bird you see that flys near the plane at 2:10, is the bird trying to warn the plane to stay away from it's nest? Did it pass in front of or to the rear of Sept Pops?
                      SkyvanDelta, Mike pretty much hit that one on the head, and just think what they would look like at night with race power and 500mph, the flames would be reaching pretty far back.. Also, the bird in the Pops video was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was pretty quiet out on the runway up until the plane dropped down, the bird was just taking off to get out of there at the wrong moment.
                      Jason Schillereff

Comment

Working...
                      X