Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furias - New Owner - Matt Jackson

This IS truly the best motorsport....

I got a call from Paintboy this AM, which led me to send out some emails and I just got off the phone with Matt Jackson... We actually spent the better part of a very exciting hour chatting about Furias, his plans for the airplane and air racing in general...

Matt has promised to keep ALL of us abreast of the progress but there are some things about the new Furias program that he can not yet share... but WOW.... From what I CAN say....

WOW!

I don't know if all of you know this but Matt has been coming to the races since seeing the very first one as a kid and he's been racing for a whole lot of years.. . Ya think he might wanna win Reno???

I'm going to have a LOT more to say in a future update/feature on the site as Matt is more free to uncover the details but in short,

He has a good sponsor, the airplane will be at the Sanders Brothers very soon and a program to "substantially modify" the airplane will be begun. Matt is, to say the least, EXCITED about this project and said [they] "better come to race next year, we're goin' for the gold"...

I think I say this every year and every year, I mean it and I think I'm usually right...

Reno 2009 is going to be the "Best Reno Yet"!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Matt, you deserve the ride, go get em!!

WOW...

I'm speechless!!

More to come
    -Stay tuned-
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Furias - New Owner - Matt Jackson

Wow, awesome news! Congratulations to both Matt and Bill on the sale - a win-win situation for everybody concerned.

Next year should be VERY exciting with some new racing contenders!

Comment

That's great news!! Awesome!!

Comment

Just wanted to chime in here. I have had the privilege of getting involved this coming year with a great sponsor and new owner of Furias. I cannot divulge his name until instructed to do so. It was not our intent to release any information until such time as the project was well under way. AAFO however through its diligence to uncover up to date informative information to you the readers uncovered the story. As I explained to Wayne this evening. AAFO and participants will be the first to know of all related information on this new program. I can tell you that I, as well as the entire Furias race team will be dedicated to produce the hottest plane out there for 2009. Its been too many years running behind the fast guys, to finally reach this point in my racing career. I am confident with the Furius deal finalized that my dream has the real potential to come true (Providing I can hold the old girl on the race course). Its my intention with again the approval of the Owner/Sponsor to have Wayne on the cutting edge of news as it develops. Wayne has been operating the Furius web sight and will continue to do so. Starting very soon you will be directed to the web sight through AAFO for weekly if not daily updates as we progress. It is the intention of the sponsor to donate all proceeds to a charity to be named shortly by the Sponsor. I hope all of you will help in our endeavor to keep air racing alive and well. I am pleased that AAFO has maintained a forum to facilitate free and open conversation on this subject we all love and hold dear. It is my intention to provide AAFO with up to date real time informative information for all to read, enjoy and comment on throughout the year. I look forward to discussions and hope to answer all your questions you might have. My philosophy has been there are no air race secrets with the fans. I appreciate all your support and look forward to the new year.

Matt Jackson

Comment

Congratulations Matt...

I look forward to seeing furias back on course... I now got another reason to save bloody hard and make the trip from NZ.....
          race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Originally posted by kiwiracefan
            Congratulations Matt...

I look forward to seeing furias back on course... I now got another reason to save bloody hard and make the trip from NZ.....
            Yes you do Kiwi!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jackson
              Just wanted to chime in here. I have had the privilege of getting involved this coming year with a great sponsor and new owner of Furias. I cannot divulge his name until instructed to do so.
              Okay, I'm confused. The title of this thread is "New Owner - Matt Jackson", but yet Matt talks about the owner in third person, which indicates he is NOT the owner, unless he is being cryptic, sly and elusive.

Can someone confirm if Matt is the pilot and NOT the owner or the pilot AND owner of Furias?

Thanks, guys!
              Last edited by dvddude; 10-09-2008, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dvddude
                Okay, I'm confused. The title of this thread is "New Owner - Matt Jackson", but yet Matt talks about the owner in third person, which indicates he is NOT the owner, unless he is being crytic, sly and elusive.

Can someone confirm if Matt is the pilot and NOT the owner or the pilot AND owner of Furias?

Thanks, guys!
                In my excitement talking with Matt, I did not clarify actual ownership, however, I believe Matt is the Pilot and his sponsor actually owns Furias..
                It's all good!

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                  In my excitement talking with Matt, I did not clarify actual ownership, however, I believe Matt is the Pilot and his sponsor actually owns Furias..
                  It's all good!

Wayne
                  No worries, thanks Wayne! Any way you slice it, it doesn't matter, as long as Furias sees air underneath her wings!

Comment

No worries, thanks Wayne! Any way you slice it, it doesn't matter, as long as Furias sees air underneath her wings!
                    Indeed.. the extremely cool thing about it is, the airplane (Furias) did not go back to stock, or any other fate that might have come her way!...

A really cool guy gets to fly her at RENO and pursue a childhood dream... I mean, how many guys are flying at Reno today who attended the very first one as a kid, looked up and said to themselves... "I'm gonna win this thing someday"...

WOW!

The planets are lining up for a truly exceptional RENO '09 and, wow.. it's only.. OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!

We're usually hibernating by now.. still in shock that it's over.. hell, it ain't over, it's just starting!

OFF SEASON????

WHAT OFF SEASON!

We're gonna race this hangar ALL FRIGGIN YEAR TILL September OH NINE!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey Matt,
                      I have been kind of sitting & waiting on this story till it was officially announced, but now that it is,...Congratulations on the new race wings!

I'm still buying the cold ones next time your in Rockford!

Dave.
                      AeroTech
                      Precision welding & fabricating
                      ---------------------------------
                      Last edited by TigWelder; 10-09-2008, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Wayne, or Matt:

Is Furias going to keep her newly installed second seat, or is it going to come out?

Just curious.

Comment

Wayne, or Matt:

Is Furias going to keep her newly installed second seat, or is it going to come out?

Just curious.
                          I did not specifically ask Matt about that seat but he did say that this is going to be a "full out race effort" with "substantial modifications" going into Furias to make her a gold TROPHY class racer. I'd suspect, that will mean anything that weighs anything that is not structural or necessary for racing will go away...

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' though... a back seat ride in that beast would be a heartstopper!

I'll tell ya what.. you guys/gals in for an updated version of the old "Warbird Talk Radio"???

Technology is now in place, not necessairly for us to do it live, but on a set day, we could easily have a "SKYPE" call in internet radio talk show and you can ask the pilots, crews and families of the racers questions you have, yourselves..

PLEASE.. .someone come up with an idea for a sponsor for this!! I am going forth with plans for the new revamped "talk radio" but will probably rename it something closer to the sport.. Maybe.. "Hangar Talk Radio" or something equally corny??

We'll whip it up in MP3 format, for the ride to work.. or.. if we *can* stream it "live" we've got some serious bandwidth at the server and should be able to achieve that, if possible.. record it and serve it as MP3 downloadable after the fact for those who could not make a "live" show..

Or.. .take pre-recorded questions and feed them to the guest for answers when the "show" was being taped..

After talking with Matt tonight, who was one of the early, very enjoyable subjects of the old "warbird talk radio" we used to do.. .I'm completely comitted to do it again!

Nice thing about the net, you dream it, you can do it!

Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Congratulations Matt. This is awsome news! The more round engines in the gold race the better.
                            Last edited by deepsky; 10-09-2008, 06:31 AM.
                            Tony

Comment

Congratulations to Matt Jackson and the new Furias team and Owner (whomever they maybe). It will be nice to see her flying again.

1) Will she keep the same paint scheme and colors?

2) How soon will the new website be up and running?

3) Will the have any T-shirts? My old one is, um...old.

Do we really have to wait till September again???? :-)

Ok, time for a

Dave
                              Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X