Hypothetical question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetical question

If Dreadnought were to have its airframe, canopy, and wings modified ala September Fury, how would it fare?
    "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Re: Hypothetical question

Considerably faster than 455mph, and hopefully no less reliable than it has been.

Best Regards,
    -Captain Obvious

_________
    -Matt
    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

It's a bit heavier, so unless it was lightened as well, I'm not so sure. I would think HP levels are similar. I'm not sold on the wing clip though.....
      Red
      chanting...400+

Comment

Agreed, the wing clip is the biggest question mark. She already flies a wide lap.
        _________
        -Matt
        Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

it would ruin a good plane...

..the next gen of unlimited air racing and the magical 500 mph barrier for an entire race will require radical new design approaches to achieve.
          http://www8.landings.com/GA/images/p...s-rocketsh.jpg. at 450 mph or so a mustang is pushing as much air as it is pulling through the propeller blades. unless you break through this "shock cone" (lots of variables involved here rpm, manifold pressure, propeller design). the WWII plane is obviously the most exciting but it is about as developed as it will ever be...unless someone wants to fund my DO 335 "clone" with two mid-ship mounted Griffons and contra blades on one engine, single set on the other!
          Last edited by JET1; 10-08-2008, 08:44 AM.

Comment

I heard if dread went any faster it would swap ends due to a center of presure thats too far forward

Comment

I kind of doubt that...

Originally posted by laminar
              I heard if dread went any faster it would swap ends due to a center of presure thats too far forward
              if the bank g load and aoa were just right I guess it could tear itself apart though...

Comment

Re: it would ruin a good plane...

Originally posted by JET1
                ..the next gen of unlimited air racing and the magical 500 mph barrier for an entire race will require radical new design approaches to achieve.
                http://www8.landings.com/GA/images/p...s-rocketsh.jpg. at 450 mph or so a mustang is pushing as much air as it is pulling through the propeller blades. unless you break through this "shock cone" (lots of variables involved here rpm, manifold pressure, propeller design). the WWII plane is obviously the most exciting but it is about as developed as it will ever be...unless someone wants to fund my DO 335 "clone" with two mid-ship mounted Griffons and contra blades on one engine, single set on the other!
                Standby grasshoppper, your dream my already be coming true!

Comment

Re: it would ruin a good plane...

Originally posted by King
                  When?

Comment

Not next year is all I can say.

Comment

lol!

Originally posted by King
                      you are wise...master!

Comment

Re: lol!

Originally posted by JET1
                        you are wise...master!
                        If you can snatch these peebles from my palm.............

Ah never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by laminar
                          I dunno about all that....
                          CFI/CFII/MEI
                          www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com
                          www.InvertedCast.com - InvertedCast, The All Aviation Podcast!

Comment

I once knew of a Mexican race plane that flew on red pepper juice & flew backwards for cooling reasons. It looked funny with a reverse afterburner.
                            Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob
                              I once knew of a Mexican race plane that flew on red pepper juice & flew backwards for cooling reasons. It looked funny with a reverse afterburner.
                              Wasn't that "Speedy G", race # DOS?

Comment

Working...
                              X