No announcement yet.

What is this, and what happened to it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this, and what happened to it?

I think I took this at the 05 Reno races. Anyone have any info?

CFI/CFII/MEI
    www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com
    www.InvertedCast.com - InvertedCast, The All Aviation Podcast!

Re: What is this, and what happened to it?

It's an MB 5 replica built by John Marlin I think his name is. It lives at Stead.
    Red
    chanting...400+

Comment

Look up Martin-Baker MB5 on wiki, This is a replica(using a lot of Mustang componets and hand made also, it has a steel tube fuselage just like the originals too!) of one owned by John Marlin and being built up @ Stead for a long time, close to 20 years? Somebody correct me one that? Its had engine runs but I don't know whats keping it from flying. I had wanted to see it this year while @ the races but never got around to it

Comment

Re: What is this, and what happened to it? Martin Baker MB5 Replica (john Marlin)

All Air Racing All the time! Unregistered visitors: this forum is open for your reading enjoyment. We invite you to join so you can enjoy the full features of this system. Including file uploads, event calender, private messages and more. Due to an unmanageable amount of SPAM membership applications, the join process is a few step process. It all makes it secure!

Comment

As of my last talk with John, there was a vibration issue with the front prop. He had plans to tackle that, but I haven't seen him since the races. He's a good guy, and he doesn't mind visitors.

LP

Comment

Working...
          X