Where did it go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did it go?

I noticed that the Matt Jackson's Unlimited Racer "American Spirit" project has been removed from the Sanders web site????? Any real news on this?
    Cheers

Re: Where did it go?

Originally posted by ebutner
    I noticed that the Matt Jackson's Unlimited Racer "American Spirit" project has been removed from the Sanders web site????? Any real news on this?
    We've been tracking this since RENO annnd....

At this time, I can confirm that the aircraft has been sold, to a very well qualified owner and that plans to complete the aircraft and compete with it are underway...

This is not a case of "I know something you don't know" but I am not at liberty to say who/what/where about the plans..

-Stay Tuned-

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
      We've been tracking this since RENO annnd....

At this time, I can confirm that the aircraft has been sold, to a very well qualified owner and that plans to complete the aircraft and compete with it are underway...

This is not a case of "I know something you don't know" but I am not at liberty to say who/what/where about the plans..

-Stay Tuned-

Oh Oh Oh ... excited... Can't wait to see that plane fly and compeat! Thanks.

Eric
      Cheers

Comment

Very well qualified...... wink wink nudge nudge
        Last edited by Apteryx; 10-07-2008, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Someone that qualified....number one??

Comment

Someone that owns or runs a company with Bear in the title? (Not at all related to the Rare Bear or Rod Lewis)

John

Comment

Wellllll....

I exchanged emails with the new owner this evening and I believe at this time, it's OK to say the "who" in the equation...

To say that Rod Lewis coming into Air Racing was a good thing would certainly be a huge understatement! Someone like Rod, with the enthusiasm, love of aviation and the sport of Air Racing doing what he's doing... well, it's just all good!

When Mr. Lewis decided that life is short enough that dreams should be pursued while they can be, we all wound up being the beneficiaries of his willingness to share his dreams with us!

The future plans for the racer are not set yet, the economy doing what it is doing is going to slow EVERYONE for a while I think..

More on this... but WOW... how long have we dreamed of seeing the "Jackson Cornell" racer come to life!

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wellllll....

I exchanged emails with the new owner this evening and I believe at this time, it's OK to say the "who" in the equation...

To say that Rod Lewis coming into Air Racing was a good thing would certainly be a huge understatement! Someone like Rod, with the enthusiasm, love of aviation and the sport of Air Racing doing what he's doing... well, it's just all good!

When Mr. Lewis decided that life is short enough that dreams should be pursued while they can be, we all wound up being the beneficiaries of his willingness to share his dreams with us!

The future plans for the racer are not set yet, the economy doing what it is doing is going to slow EVERYONE for a while I think..

More on this... but WOW... how long have we dreamed of seeing the "Jackson Cornell" racer come to life!

Wayne
                Yes, Rod Lewis coming into Air Racing and warbirds is one of the best people to come along to the scene since Paul Allen started his "collection". That is awesome news, and I can hardly wait to see how his plans unfold. I'm never met Mr. Lewis, but I've heard a lot of REALLY GOOD things about him. I'm glad that someone with seemingly unlimited resources has such enthusiasm for the sport. Hopefully, with him and others, it will give Air Racing a new perspective for the fans and general public.

Yay, to Mr. Lewis!

Comment

Originally posted by dvddude
                  I'm never met Mr. Lewis, but I've heard a lot of REALLY GOOD things about him. I'm glad that someone with seemingly unlimited resources has such enthusiasm for the sport.

Yay, to Mr. Lewis!

Mr Lewis is very down to earth and easily approachable. If you see him out and about either at Reno or elsewhere, stop and introduce yourself. He is one of the best things to happen to elsewhere and air racing. I've lost count, but I believe that there are three restoration projects currently underway, but dang if I can remember the aircraft.

LP

Comment

PICTURES!!!!

Comment

AWESOME Good News!!!

And, then maybe Rod might pickup SHOCKWAVE from Darryl also & rescue that sweet Unlimited project for completion...? (I know, I know...THAT's just TOO MUCH to hope for, huh?)

DBD

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyD
                        AWESOME Good News!!!

And, then maybe Rod might pickup SHOCKWAVE from Darryl also & rescue that sweet Unlimited project for completion...? (I know, I know...THAT's just TOO MUCH to hope for, huh?)

DBD

Hey Pat,

I called that one ...

BO

Comment

Okay gang, I have to be THAT guy! What type of plane is it?
                          "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Matt58
                            Okay gang, I have to be THAT guy! What type of plane is it?
                            Well, a Google search led to this 2006 thread here at AAFO:

http://www.aafo.com/hangartalk/showthread.php?t=4147 .

Which linked to this WBIX thread which has two photos of American Spirit under construction at the Sanders (the AS pix are the last two in the set):

And this info is posted in the thread:

"American Spirit owned by Matt Jackson? T-2 Aft Fuselage, wing, main gear, F-100 nose gear, with R-3350 engine."
                            Joe

Comment

Wellllll....

Wayne
                              Wow!! Cool!! When I said Bear...I meant Skip Holm and Bear Aerospace but I was wrong obviously and it really is Rod and the other Bear.

Comment

Working...
                              X