Racing for the Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing for the Gold

Thanks to everyone who noticed this book was out, i got it yesterday and spent all night reading it.

Great book in my opinion. I started going to the races in 82 as a 8 year old boy wide eyed at the racing and given the people who took me (thanks to the Ice family and little John) were Bear fans I too became one.

The book took me back to my youth, sitting around hearing many of the stories in the book, as my wife said to me last night you look like a little kid again as I smiled with joy reading stories that I had heard when i was a kid. To this day I still find Bill Hinkle at least a few times during the races and enjoy hearing about the Bear, new and old and this book put me back on the line listening to those stories.

It still amazes me that Lyle through everything the Bear tossed at him never quit, never gave up, and acheived what he did. In a small part his dedication and love for the sport made me who I am today, and now 20 some odd years later the crew, many of the same people who used to motivate me when i was a kid, are doing the same thing with my kids and teaching them that anything is possible when you put your mind to it.

Thanks to Dell Rourk for putting this together, I enjoyed the memories. Thanks to everyone assotiated with the Bear over the years, you have been the best of people for as long as I have had the pleasure of knowing you. Keep up the dedication and i will see you in 09 (or until my sons talk me into a weekend trip to Stead to see the Bear )

Re: Racing for the Gold

Where do I find the "Racing for gold" book?

Comment

I got it from Barnes and Nobles online.

Comment

Originally posted by billlavonne
        Where do I find the "Racing for gold" book?
        Get RACING FOR THE GOLD HERE

AAFO.COM will receive 4% of all books purchased through this link!! Get your book and help the site!!!

Big thumbs up to Dell for getting this to publisher and printed for release! Let's help her show them that it was worthwhile effort!

Wayne Sagar
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne, wished that link was there last week....

Lynn

Comment

AAFO.COM will receive 4% of all books purchased through this link!! Get your book and help the site!!!

Wayne Sagar[/QUOTE]

Done Deal this oughta be some GREAT stuff

"THANKS" for this site Wayne

Comment

I got two copies - one for me and one for my air-racing-nut-of-a-dad! We'll look forward to the good stories in the book, and are glad to help out the site.

Comment

I've ordered mine too... along with a book on the Cleveland Air Races.
                Wayne does AAFO get a kick back for ALL items bought through amazon when linked through the website?
                Last edited by Stevo; 10-06-2008, 09:21 PM.
                Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                My Photos
                My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                  Wayne does AAFO get a kick back for ALL items bought through amazon when linked through the website?
                  Right now 4%, with minimum payout of $10 dollars accumulated... Not much but it might bring in some dough and every penney helps!

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                    What Cleveland book did you get? "Images of Aviation"?
                    Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Originally posted by W J Pearce
                      What Cleveland book did you get? "Images of Aviation"?
                      That's the one. You have it Bill?
                      Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                      My Photos
                      My Ride

Comment

Yes I do. I like it but then I like most aviation books. Neat photos.
                        Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                        Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Thanks for the info...gotta get this ASAP. I'm on a book kick again. Sadly lately seems I only read them on trips but now am starting to read them all the time again. Am reading the excellent First Man about Neil Armstrong...recommended. I was in line at Borders a few months ago..looked over at the bargain rack and there it was for five bucks. Unbelievable! So many books, so little time.

John

Comment

I will have to pick that one up. Ever since I was a kid I could not read enough about the space program. Anything else i should pick up while I am at the book store?

Comment

Working...
                            X