OT: KDC-10 pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: KDC-10 pics?

I was wondering if anyone has any photos of the two Royal Netherlands Air force KDC-10's that have been at the Reno Tahoe airport all week. My camera just won"t get close enough for a good shot.

They are from 334 squadron RNAF (tail numbers T-235 and 264) and they have been using the callsign "NAF Four One Heavy".
    Tony

Re: OT: KDC-10 pics?

did one of those land today i saw a C17 land around noon today

Comment

At one point there was 2 KC-10's, and then today the C-17 was sitting in the middle of the E/W runway on the East end. No pictures from me, just driving by in my really big truck trying to get the job done.

But we have some high profile visitors coming to Reno this week. I will be taking ze camera to work the rest of the week.

LP

Comment

One flew out two days ago. I saw that the other one was still there as of 0800 yesterday. I had been wondering what the difference between a KC-10 and a KDC-10 was. The KDC-10's are converted airliners with the Remote Aerial Refueling Operator (RARO) system which puts the boom operator on the flight deck using a cctv system to tank any Nato aircraft. The plane can be used as a strait cargo, passenger, tanker or mix of the three depending on the need. The two planes that were here are the only two in the RNAF fleet.
        Tony

Comment

With the prez coming Friday I figured they were a part of his ontourage. I happened to walk out the door yesterday when the C-17 was heading in. Office is on the final approach so cooooool look at it. With AF1 coming I'll keep my camera handy also. We usually know when it's coming.
          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

The best I could do with the sun.
            Attached Files

Comment

Obviously they aren't part of his group. Cool and thanks for the pics!
              Last edited by Leo; 09-30-2008, 09:58 AM.
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Noit has nothing to do with Barack's visit. They are here training at the Mountain Warfare Training Center.

Comment

I figured the C-17 was here in prep for Bush's Friday visit.
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks for the pics! The DC-10/KC-10's are my favorite jumbo jets. I think they have great lines.
                    Tony

Comment

Working...
                    X