Tiger's and Strega's return to glory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger's and Strega's return to glory

The Gold Race on Sunday was unbelievable!
    Imagine Tiger's situation....
    Rare Bear on your tail with a big September Fury and Dago Red up ahead...all previous Gold Champions since the last time Strega won the big one.
    Everybody was running strong here and yet Tiger still managed to get around the TWO aircraft going well over 470 MPH !!!!!
    Strega must have had some unbelievable power on reserve to get past both !!
    Yes, I was one of many holding my breath during those last laps!
    Cheers to both Tiger and the crew who put that wonderful engine together.
    Rampking

Re: Tiger's and Strega's return to glory

After Friday's race I was thinking Tiger was the one who really was hiding what he had. He flew a a REALLY high line and seemed to be holding back on Saturday as well.

After reading Steven Hinton's blog over at Air Show Buzz he sure talked like they had a motor to run.

I just had a feeling they had it and Tiger certainly showed he did on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by doubleup
      After Friday's race I was thinking Tiger was the one who really was hiding what he had. He flew a a REALLY high line and seemed to be holding back on Saturday as well.

After reading Steven Hinton's blog over at Air Show Buzz he sure talked like they had a motor to run.

I just had a feeling they had it and Tiger certainly showed he did on Sunday.
      Of course, this is third hand once I tell it but somebody told me that Tiger laid up high all week, then said later in the week.. "I can pass that guy" Talking about Mike Brown...

Can't remember who told me this but it sure rings true!

I think myself and others had begun to wonder if The Tiger had forgotten how to win..

He didn't

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I can't get over it...I can't believe he hasn't won in 11 years. I was thinking about that race on the way home tonight. Awesome as hell!!!!

Comment

The chatter about MB's wide line was buzzing on Saturday evening at both the Bear Cave and Witch Camp. DR's crew was just working on their oil leak so they were preoccupied. Tiger definitely showed one of his best tactical performances ever this year. A perfect win.
          _________
          -Matt
          Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Working...
          X