Sue Peterson image (for Wayne)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sue Peterson image (for Wayne)

Wayne- Thanks for the Sue Peterson Nellis gallery. I love the Heritage Flight shot. Would there be any way to get a larger (full) size version of that image?? I've wanted something like that for my desktop photo for a long time, and 600X400 looks a little grainy on a 19" monitor! Is there a way to get it directly from Sue? Thanks for any help-

Duncan Mullins (drmull@comcast.net)

Great gallery, although I'm still puzzled by this caption:

"The C-117 (affectionately known as the BUFF) makes a landing at Nellis AFB for press day."

Let the nit-picking begin:

C-17, not C-117

FRED, not BUFF (the BUFF is the B-52)

Comment

I stand corrected!

Yes, Randy . . . . you are correct! It is most definitely a C-17 and not a C-117. This was a typographical error resulting from processing this photo after doing several of the F-117s. As for the nickname "BUFF", I was advised by an Air Force Colonel that while the B-52 was the original BUFF, the term is also used to affectionately describe other aircraft in the big, ugly and fat category such as the C-17. I'll let him know he was incorrect!

Now be a good boy and go practice shooting down something with an afterburner instead of the tired overworked photographer and her over-trusting editor.

Comment

Re: I stand corrected!

Originally posted by Merlin Ms.
        Now be a good boy and go practice shooting down something with an afterburner instead of the tired overworked photographer and her over-trusting editor.
        LOL.. what me edit??? Hey... With all their money and resources, you'd think Microsnoft could make spellcheck catch that stuff!

Good Work Soop.. Good work keepin us honest Ran..

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: I stand corrected!

Originally posted by Merlin Ms.
          I was advised by an Air Force Colonel that while the B-52 was the original BUFF, the term is also used to affectionately describe other aircraft in the big, ugly and fat category such as the C-17. I'll let him know he was incorrect!
          My understanding is that C-5s, C-141s, and C-17s were all FRED -- which has several meanings of it's own. But, this is coming from a fighter guy, and I'm sure that the Colonel would tell me where I could stuff my opinion!

Man, don't I wish it was that easy?!

Seriously...great photos. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

OK....

Oh, how I love being ignored. Makes me feel special-thanks!

Comment

Re: OK....

Originally posted by drmull
              Oh, how I love being ignored. Makes me feel special-thanks!
              Sorry DR.. didn't mean to ignore you. We're going to put up the heritage flight shot (and or maybe some others) as POTW, you'll have it in a res of your choice then.

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I'm sorry too, DR!! I'm honored that you liked my photo enough to use it for your computer. I was waiting to respond to you until I had checked with Wayne about what was coming up next. Thought that might answer the question for you.
                Cheers
                SooP

Comment

Ooops...

No, I'm the one who should be sorry. My reply was the knee-jerk type- I apologize for giving in to my desire for instant gratification! I should know better! Anyway, a big ol' POTW will be great- thanks very much.

Comment

And in keeping with that instant gratification theme ........... (that's what digital, the net & these puters have done to us!) The pix are really great AND I know she has more. So Wayner's, here we all sit (like children at dinner) pounding our fists & the poor mouse into the desk saying... more, more, we want more
                    Pat
                    (Sorry if this is a duplicate post-having trouble due to my pop-up stopper)
                    And just for fun here's the perfect time in the pits.
                    Attached Files

Comment

As a C-17 pilot, I can tell you that the C-17 is not referred to as Fred or Buff. Rarely, someone will call it Budda. And it is definitely not ugly!

Bill Eberhardt

Comment

Wow!!

Fabulous gallery Soop!!
                        You've just set the ne plus ultra about 5 knotches higher!
                        Most excellent work!

Ooo! Firecat - Incredible pit-pic!! Great job, Pat!

Thank you, both!
                        -GriffonGirl

Comment

Sorry Bill! Obviously, the C-17 is beautiful or I wouldn't take pictures of it. After all, it has wings and it flies so it's gorgeous in my book. I shall not call it FRED or BUFF again.
                          SooP

Comment

Thanks for BOTH Heritage Flight pics!!

Thanks again-

Comment

Re: Thanks for BOTH Heritage Flight pics!!

Originally posted by drmull
                              Thanks again-
                              Glad you liked them, more to come as soon as we can get to it.

Wayne Sagar
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X