• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max's Raptor

Max and the F-22 doing their thang...
    Attached Files
    Sky Critter

Re: Max's Raptor

Cool shots...I'm still sorting through pics...

But at the banquet, I walked over and paid the Raptor crew a visit and thanked them for all that they do. The Major was also at the table and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to shake his hand. We only talked for a moment, but I was quite impressed. Look for 4 new episodes of 'Showdown: Air Combat' soon. I asked him how he got picked to be the F-22 demo pilot. He said that it was a long story, but the short of it was that he had been at the right place at the right time, and hand't been in too much trouble with his boss.

An amazing aircraft taken care of, and flown by amazing people...

LP
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MMPerk; 09-17-2008, 10:18 PM.

Comment

That was my first time seeing the F-22. I was not prepared for how loud that thing was!!

It was loud enough that it put my 5 year old into tears...and he even had ear plugs. After talking with my son it was the vibrations through his body that scared him.

Amazing plane and Max is one cool guy! We were standing east of the jet pits and when he came in after the show my son and I were standing there and I told him to wave at Max. Max looked right at my son and pointed at him gave him a thumbs up and a wave. That made it all better and he liked the jet after that.

He told all his friends about the loud jet pilot waving at him.

Comment

the old f-22 is a nice plane but in a vfr dog fight the su-37 would be a hand full to deal with...

Sorry, I don't speak Russian either. A cool little demo of the Russian fighter though.

Comment

I loved watching the F-22, would have loved it more if he had flown the unlimited cource.
          Anyone know why he didnt fly it?

Comment

Originally posted by sugarkane
            the old f-22 is a nice plane but in a vfr dog fight the su-37 would be a hand full to deal with...
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWN3-...eature=related
            Nyet! Give me the F-22 whether BVR or not...

Last edited by Peashooter; 09-18-2008, 08:30 AM.
            Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
            World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by sugarkane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWN3-...eature=related
              Do I smell a troll ?
              Last edited by RCoulter; 09-18-2008, 09:01 AM.

Comment

sugarkane, I believe you are very wrong, the SU is nicer looking but would be in flames before seeing the Raptor. Thanks, KC

Comment

Fly by..need I say more
                  Attached Files

Comment

He did not fly the race course because he could not get timely permission from Mother Hen.
                    VL

Comment

Just out of curiosity, who would get around the course faster?

F-16, F-15, F-18 or the F-22

I watched a pair of F-18s take a couple laps a few years ago but have now idea how fast they were going. High 500s or 600 something?
                      Sky Critter

Comment

I want to say that they flew at 546mph, the FA-18. I bet the raptor would be faster due to the vectored thrust, would help with a much tighter line.

Comment

I would bet that Raptor would probably have trouble not cutting pylons

Comment

Here is a video of the F-18 going around the pylons at 657mph according to the announcers

Fa-18 on the 2006 Reno Air races unlimited course. He flies 9 miles at 657 miles per hour. Truely the fastest motorsport in the world!
                            Last edited by doubleup; 09-18-2008, 10:11 PM.

Comment

That was awesome. I remember that year. We were all hoping to see the Raptor haul around the course though. Mabey next year.....
                              My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Working...
                              X