Happy Jack's Part Daux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Jack's Part Daux

Finally home after Reno and have thousands of images to sort thru. What a race to remember for years. CONGRATULATIONS to Tiger, LD, Stevo and the countless others responsible for returning Strega to the winners circle. What a story book Sunday that was. And the coolest thing is the dynasty gets handed over to the newest, hottest pilot to assend onto Reno's hollowed race course. How many pilots would be falling over themselves for that job right now? Also, congratulations goes out to the new and improved Dago team. New owners have to be very happy for their new racer and now all the monkeys can get off the Sparrow bash wagon, and find something else to whine about. Well done Dan, Mike and the rest of the determined gang for bringing racing back to Reno. Long live the Merlin's!!!!!!!!!!!!! These are probably not what everyone wants to see, but business has to be done before the Tigercat images can be released to the GP. I will post some teasers, but for right now enjoy these images of the most stunning Mustang to come along. I was given a second opportunity to shoot this Mustang over Pyramid Lake. Jack's looks great over any lake. More to follow, as I will be going thru the Spirit of Texas shoot, as well as other images from Reno. What a great week!

Dave
    Attached Files

Re: Happy Jack's Part Daux

Cool shots Dave! What was the photo-ship? I noticed HJGB has what looks like a notch of flaps in. And who was flying the Mustang?

T

Comment

That thing looks brand new, straight from the factory!!!!

WRL
      Attached Files

Comment

WOW Dave, amazing work yet again! It's always fun to see your shots

Comment

Holy god that Stang is amazing. Good job paintboy!
          CFI/CFII/MEI
          www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com
          www.InvertedCast.com - InvertedCast, The All Aviation Podcast!

Comment

Trey,

Thank you for the kind words. The photo platform was Bonanza A36 with the right side doors off. The Pilot of the Mustang felt he needed to put a notch of flaps to keep the aircraft more stable. I accomplished the Tigercat shoot with the same photo platform and all three were able to fly formation without the need of flaps. It is what it is I guess. I am just happy to have had the opportunity. The folks at Midwest Aero were really cooperative during the shoots, and I have to thank them for their efforts. The owner was very gracious also to let me photograph his stunning Mustang. I have been very fortunate this past year and have a constant smile on my face as a result. Thank you again, and I always enjoy your posted works, which we do not see enough of here at AAFO.

Dave

Comment

Nice pictures Dave, that last shot, the vertical one, looks like it was over a lake I stopped at today: Mono Lake?

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Cain
                Nice pictures Dave, that last shot, the vertical one, looks like it was over a lake I stopped at today: Mono Lake?

Looks like all those pics are over Pyramid lake. Just north east of Stead field.

I spend a lot of time wakeboarding on that lake.

Comment

That makes more sense, as it's much closer to Stead....

Comment

Originally posted by paintboy
                    The owner was very gracious also to let me photograph his stunning Mustang. I have been very fortunate this past year and have a constant smile on my face as a result.
                    So, who is the owner of Happy Jack?

Comment

The first set of Happy Jack photos from the prior week did not have flaps extended!!
                      VL

Comment

Originally posted by MLenoch
                        The first set of Happy Jack photos from the prior week did not have flaps extended!!
                        VL

Because of a different driver maybe??

Lynn

Comment

That is absolutely correct Vlado, can you talk to that other guy? LOL!!!!! Thank you yet again for the Tahoe shoot.

Dave

Comment

Excellent shots. That plane is incredible. I thought I had seen the most perfect Mustang in "Death Rattler" back in oh, I think it was '85 or '86 at Harlingen. Happy Jack blows that beautiful bird away!
                            "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Working...
                            X