2008 photo screwups???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 photo screwups???

OK, by now there is normally at least a couple of 'where did that truck come from' photos, but I've yet to see any...
    Well, I guess I can kick things off with my entry. If you actually take the two and combine them, you may get a whole shot...
    Tom
    Attached Files

Serious camera shake

And then there is this gem... I think that's Czech Mate, but it's kinda hard to tell
    The effect on the prop is pretty odd as well...
    TomL
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Serious camera shake

Originally posted by TomL
      And then there is this gem... I think that's Czech Mate, but it's kinda hard to tell
      The effect on the prop is pretty odd as well...
      TomL
      TO "CSI" the shot, looks like you were panning forward to catch the shot and the shutter clicked catching the more rapid motion of the advancing prop blades -- it is a very cool, if unintended, effect!
      Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
      World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Re: 2008 photo screwups???

Thats not a screw up on the prop, its their new top secret prop. When they changed their wing they also changed their prop. Its designed to flex and help the motor deal with turbulence.........

Comment

Here's one of mine (amongst many).
          Attached Files
          _________
          -Matt
          Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Matt, that's not a screw up, it's drag reduction research! You're just photographing the wake turbulence given off by the tail
            Tom

Comment

I was able to be on pylon 3 during bronze race and have 8 pictures of the sky. KC

Comment

Yeah, roger on the sky
                I have bunches of really fuzzy pictures of the tail end of the F22.
                I eventually gave up taking pictures on it's "high speed pass"...
                I can only imagine what a real ~2M high speed pass would look, sound, and feel like!
                Tom

Comment

My downfall this year was the formation flights. Got one set of the Heritage with just noses, don't know what I had set but that's what I got and it looked good thru the viewer. Got a bunch of the bomber formation and some perfectly composed heritage flight photos on Sunday, all just slightly out of focus...gotta remember to turn that auto off!
                  Truck pictures? We ought to make a book of them. After all these years I have hundreds!
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                  X