The power of the #7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The power of the #7

A number of wierd coincidences (of the type that I've experienced all my life) involving the number 7 came up last weekend. First off, it was my 7TH Reno that I've been to and on Sat evening I told Tiger I was giving him good Mojo to win on Sunday as it was my 7th trip up there. He was pretty chuckled to hear that and said "I like that". We hung out on the field till around 945 and ended up hitching a ride with an airline pilot.. it was 7 of us all stuffed into this small dodge wagon (with me in the trunk portion...yikes!) The 7 somehow ended up including Tiger and Sherman, and on the way there we overheard Tiger talking on the phone with LD about some last minute minor issues that had cropped up. It was totally cool to walk back to the car and ask Tiger some questions. On the way to the race sunday, it was again 7 people in my group riding up to Stead in the car (not the same 7 from the night before.) After the win, I realized it was Tiger's 7th win. Then I went to speak with Karen Hinton and she told me SteveO was the 7th pilot to fly Strega and Strega was SteveO's 7th Mustang he's flown. Sheesus folks you just can't make this stuff up. Not making a big deal of it...and I'm not going to call Art Bell, but still, it's pretty cool anyway.
    Attached Files

Re: The power of the #7

My wife and I had a similar experience:

We flew out to Reno on 9/11
    The US Airways AC # was 911
    We pulled up to the gate at 9:11 am
    Race 911 Sept Pops wins the Silver
    Sky Critter

Comment

Hey John!

It was great to see you over the weekend! So for us unlimited geeks, who are the 7 that have flown Strega? I'm thinking...

1. Ron Hevle
      2. Tiger
      3. Curt Brown
      4. Dan Martin (ferry pilot)
      5. Steve o
      6. Fred Sebby????

Which ones are right and wrong? No clue on the others.

Cheers!

Comment

I think the only pilots who raced her are Tiger and Ron.
        CFI/CFII/MEI
        www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com
        www.InvertedCast.com - InvertedCast, The All Aviation Podcast!

Comment

That sounds right as far as the racing goes. Can anyone name all 7?

Comment

Hey John, I can see the joy in your eyes is the same that I had when I got to take my pic with Bob Hanna several years ago. It sure is a treat to get to get this close with the race pilots. Sure can't do in the "other" major race sports..

Oh btw, i am suprised that Tiger didn't ask you to photoshop the "other" mustang off of your shirt before you posted the pic!!! LOL
            Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Originally posted by vodkaandsoda
              Hey John!

It was great to see you over the weekend! So for us unlimited geeks, who are the 7 that have flown Strega? I'm thinking...

1. Ron Hevle
              2. Tiger
              3. Curt Brown
              4. Dan Martin (ferry pilot)
              5. Steve o
              6. Fred Sebby????

Which ones are right and wrong? No clue on the others.

Cheers!
              Steve Hinton also
              John Slack

Comment

Sherman Smoot flew her at Shafter, I forget the year...D.

Comment

thanks for the responses. I left out one #7 coincidence, Tiger's last win was in 1997....and that makes it 7 coincidences.

I'm glad I'm not the only one this has happened to and thankfully the end result was more positive than the week of 911. Was good to see you too Vodka and Soda...I was just having a good laugh with a coworker about your missing rental car...I'm glad we found it!

John

Comment

John Crocker flew it at an air show once

Comment

Working...
                    X