I would like to Congratulate....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to Congratulate....

You know - not a lot of print is devoted to the wrench warriors (well, at least not enough in my opinion)- and often their efforts get overshaddowed by the pilots/owners. But today, I would like to tip my glass to one man who has overcome adversity and put a lid on the nay sayers once and for all... finishing 1 & 2 ain't no coinicidence.

Mike Barrow - you ARE the man

A huge congratulations my friend - very happy for you
    Mark K....

Re: I would like to Congratulate....

Grats, I didn't think about the poor man who has taken Sh#% for how many years... Good call Cobra, he has had SO MANY people defending him over the years against so many doubters. CONGRATS to the man behind the machine(s)...... Good for you!!!! HOPE YOU ARE ON CLOUD NINE or x7.......

WRL

Comment

Well, when I heard the news this evening on the results - I could only think of the one person who has worked harder then anyone else over the years to prove to himself and others that he's not just another engine builder. It's been a long time coming for Mike - and I am so damn happy for him - he deserves just as much credit as anyone for dominating the field this year.
      Mark K....

Comment

Dago sounded and ran great all weekend. Congrats to mike.

However,I am 99.9% sure Tiger's motor was from another builder.

Comment

Yeah, I thought Tiger had/has Nixon motor.

GP

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
            Mike Barrow - you ARE the man

A huge congratulations my friend - very happy for you

Congrats, Sparrow. I never forgot the way the Pumpkin ran in Ridge Runner III, and knew that would eventually translate to more success.
            Last edited by 440_Magnum; 09-15-2008, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mluvara
              Dago sounded and ran great all weekend. Congrats to mike.

I think that's true, although who can blame the Merlin contingent for keeping things quieter leading up to this year. What this really means is that there are at least two builders who have enough figured out to build competitive Merlins. Nothing but good can come of that! :-)

Congrats to BOTH of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mluvara
                See what I get for not getting to Reno this year

sorry for my ignorance
                Mark K....

Comment

Originally posted by 440_Magnum
                  What this really means is that there are at least two builders who have enough figured out to build competitive Merlins. Nothing but good can come of that! :-)

Yup...

Comment

Originally posted by 440_Magnum
                    I think that's true, although who can blame the Merlin contingent for keeping things quieter leading up to this year. What this really means is that there are at least two builders who have enough figured out to build competitive Merlins. Nothing but good can come of that! :-)

Ditto, big time. After more problems than anyone deserved over the last few years, two separate Merlin builders and teams took the top two spots at near-record speeds. A fitting retirement for Tiger (I really DO believe he's serious).
                    Eric Ahlstrom

Comment

Just wanted to add my congrats to them also! It is EXTREMELY impressive what these guys are able to build with so many hurdles to overcome.

As 440 talked about in another thread, its not like the unlimited Merlin builders have a bunch of motors running on the bench to test and troubleshoot. Nor do they have a dozen teams running their motors so they can compare notes and figure out what works best and how to deal with issues. Add to that the scarcity and cost of parts, limited development and testing, and small market (demand) and probably a hundred other things I dont even know about. These guys have an uphill battle the whole way!

Job well done!

Comment

One contributing factor is Jack Roush. He was spotted in the Strega pit quite alot. He does have the resources to make high end parts and strega flew fast, not a cough all week.
                        Thanks Jack, for bringing back the Witch.

Bob
                        Last edited by Bob; 09-16-2008, 08:42 AM. Reason: fat finger syndrome ;)

Comment

Bob,

Do you know what Roush parts Strega had this year?

Comment

Nope, I heard he was making pistons, rods and such. But I cant say it as a fact, I asked a few times in the pit and recieved no answer. I didnt press it. I never saw them working on the motor much, just maint stuff.

Comment

In another thread from Red he stated that Strega was running a "Nixon" built motor, whatever the combination of Roush, Nixon or Sparrow motors looks like they all had a good handle on motors this year!! with the exception of Voodoo having the bad luck this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X