Why you should be very careful...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why you should be very careful...

...downloading your cards at the end of the day. Last night the week at Reno caught up to me. Between falling asleep at the keyboard and three CF cards lying around in front of me I totaly screwed up good time. I accidentally formatted the card that had the entire Gold Unlimited race from Friday. LUCKY for me I was able to recover the files using a freeware program found on the net... thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!
    Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
    My Photos
    My Ride

My Computer is out to get me

So, a few days ago I was looking through the photos I got from Friday (the same one I had lost and was able to recover). Trying to get an idea of what I had and which ones I was going to do something with... then the next day when I went to look through them again they were gone
    Must be some sort of conspiracy keeping me from posting what I got
    Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
    My Photos
    My Ride

Comment

Re: My Computer is out to get me

Originally posted by Stevo
      So, a few days ago I was looking through the photos I got from Friday (the same one I had lost and was able to recover). Trying to get an idea of what I had and which ones I was going to do something with... then the next day when I went to look through them again they were gone
      Must be some sort of conspiracy keeping me from posting what I got
      Did you try running the disk recovery software on the card again?

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Why you should be very careful...

No, I haven't. I had pretty much given up hope that any of the photos would still be on the card. After running the program the first time and recovering all the files I had accidentally deleted I put the cards back into use. They were used on Saturday and Sunday at the races and even a few days since then. I guess I could run them through, until I do I'll never know what I could find.
        Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
        My Photos
        My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
          No, I haven't. I had pretty much given up hope that any of the photos would still be on the card. After running the program the first time and recovering all the files I had accidentally deleted I put the cards back into use. They were used on Saturday and Sunday at the races and even a few days since then. I guess I could run them through, until I do I'll never know what I could find.
          Oh ouch... if you've actually filled them again, probably not going to find anything much..

Have you tried an image search by filename? I've thought I lost stuff but wound up sticking it somewhere I didn't remember...

Worth a try anyway...

Good luck!

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I finally figured out what happened. The pictures lost were the exact same pictures I had deleted, then recovered, from one of my CF cards during Reno. When I got home I transferred all the Reno pics to my desktop for safe keeping. Then in an effort to reduce the clutter on the laptop I started deleading things from it's hard drive. Well, when I recovered the original lost files they didn't get named in the same manner as all my other photo folders. SO, there's this folder I didn't recognize and THOUGHT was trash so I deleted it. Turns out that folder WAS the pictures.
            I've tried numerous "Recycle Bin" recovery programs but so far have come up empty. Looks like they're gone forever
            ANYWAY, here's a screen shot of some of what was lost. Maybe not the best composition wise but when are we going to get to see something like this again?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Stevo; 10-06-2008, 09:52 PM.
            Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
            My Photos
            My Ride

Comment

Sorry to hear that Stevo,

I had similar pains upon my return from Paradise. I was waiting for the pylon bus while the T-Birds were playing around and shot a burst at the sneak pass. In the middle of that burst, i ran over my alloted images and the a big red X appeared with a message saying, "corrupt card, please remove and replace" or something to that effect. When i got home i found that 1800 images were "not found", i called a few friends who had no experience with this but suggested a usb card reader and the Sandisk recovery disc. I was so afraid to even try it, but the software was able to recover 90% of the files, leaving me with about 200 that had big gray lines thru them.

Wish you had better luck man!!!

Anyone out there ever run over the limit on a Sandisk Ex III 4gig card?
              "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Originally posted by sierra fox
                Sorry to hear that Stevo,

I had similar pains upon my return from Paradise. I was waiting for the pylon bus while the T-Birds were playing around and shot a burst at the sneak pass. In the middle of that burst, i ran over my alloted images and the a big red X appeared with a message saying, "corrupt card, please remove and replace" or something to that effect. When i got home i found that 1800 images were "not found", i called a few friends who had no experience with this but suggested a usb card reader and the Sandisk recovery disc. I was so afraid to even try it, but the software was able to recover 90% of the files, leaving me with about 200 that had big gray lines thru them.

Wish you had better luck man!!!

Anyone out there ever run over the limit on a Sandisk Ex III 4gig card?
                I've ran too the limit on Sandisk's 4GB Ultra II, 4GB Extreme III and 8GB Extreme III cards but not over. The camera stops saying card full. Have not seen the "corrupt card" message, yet.

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu
                  I've ran too the limit on Sandisk's 4GB Ultra II, 4GB Extreme III and 8GB Extreme III cards but not over. The camera stops saying card full. Have not seen the "corrupt card" message, yet.

Jarrod
                  Ditto to what Jarrod said. I've hit the "Card Full" limit a couple times on my 4Gb card but have never seen a "Corrupt Card" message.
                  Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                  My Photos
                  My Ride

Comment

Working...
                  X