Friday Gold Unlimited Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Gold Unlimited Race

For all you fans that weren't in the stands...finally a race that in my humble opinion was one for the ages. Yes it was a friday race but the pilots definately wanted and did show each other what they had under the hood. Dego took the lead with his 474mph q. lap followed closely by Sept Fury, Bear and Strega. Dego gapped Brown and Penney. Tiger was reeling them in, going high out back then diving down in the valley of speed. Penney doing the same and pulled off a picture perfect pass on Dego. Then, Dego slowed up and Mike Brown dropped the hammer passing for the lead. He gapped the field while Penney hung on for 2nd, Dego a distant 3rd and Tiger further back!! Wow!! Once again I left before the planes landed missing the adventures of Rare Bear. Taking the day off Sat to do a little flying myself on my mx bike at the Mustang Motorplex then back for Sunday's program at Stead. Could be the best year ever!! Keep it together guys!! Nice job!! Oh yeah, top speed was 479mph!!!
    Last edited by Hans Oberev; 09-12-2008, 07:08 PM.

Re: Friday Gold Unlimited Race

I agree, was a great race, one of the best ever. I have a feeling, that some were still holding back a little for Sunday, can't wait. Besides being a great race, it was also a safe race, no blown engines, and thankfully, Rare Bear was able to get the gear down. Looked like it was going to be a bad ending to a great day, but again, thankfully, it turned out good.
    Last edited by supercub; 09-12-2008, 08:48 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Hans Oberev]. He gapped the field while Penney hung on for 2nd, Dego a distant 3rd and Tiger further back!! Wow!!

The results database shows Dago Red second, Rare Bear third. No comments about any penalties or pylon cuts.

Comment

sorry hans you won't be here tomorrow.there is quite the chess game going on there.I have not seen a friday gold race that exciting in a lot of years! Lets hope they hold together for the best sunday gold EVER!!!!!!

Bill..
        Last edited by niki62; 09-12-2008, 08:03 PM.

Comment

We got to see 'em go three wide on one lap down the VOS... Dago low, Bear middle & Strega high!!!

High drama for JP & da Bear to be sure....WOW!!!

GO

Comment

looks like Dago lost a trim tab saw a pic my dad took. Shawn

Comment

It was a great couple of laps!

I think of the four up front Tiger was the one who did not show what he really had. He flew a very high line and was watching the two in front of him from above. That is just my uneducated opinion though.

Septembery Fury sure sounded nice!

I am hoping for all of them to be fully healthy come Sunday because it could be one of the best races ever if they are.
              Last edited by doubleup; 09-12-2008, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Best race I have ever witnessed, bar none, not auto, bike, not anything. Dago and Rare Bear trading twice, Sept. Fury's smokin' hot pass.... Unreal. JP and Hinton Sr once again doing a great job getting the Bear done safely, with some help from on high. Today alone was worth the cost for the entire week.
                Last edited by forbergler; 09-12-2008, 09:32 PM.

Comment

This was fantastic to watch. Hot Merlins and mega sandbagging ensued, I am certain.
                  Attached Files
                  _________
                  -Matt
                  Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by MRussell
                    This was fantastic to watch. Hot Merlins and mega sandbagging ensued, I am certain.
                    I've got that same shot of Fury and the Stangs. Unreal.
                    Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                    Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Working...
                    X