Know what stinks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know what stinks?

You know what stinks? It stinks sitting here in Texas...knowing that a hurricane is approaching...and realizing I probably won't know who won until sometime next week---or later.

Re: Know what stinks?

Sorry man

Comment

Stay safe dude!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I feel you on that buddy... but hey, at least you have a nice avatar
        Mark K....

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
          I feel you on that buddy... but hey, at least you have a nice avatar
          And I try so hard to keep this site non-political..

Cobra.. you are missin the chit this time round! The ride out of the "park" with Danny M tonight was the bomb!

Very nice AAFO party as well.. what a bunch of great folks Air Race fans are!!!!!!!!

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

What really stinks is we made plans a year ago to attend Reno this year but I had a medical malfunction that put a halt to those plans. A little surgery and I'm good to go next year.
            I hope you fared well after IKE hit. We only saw a little rain.

Comment

I live on Galveston Bay and therefore evacuated. It kept me from seeing or hearing about any of the races until last night. Then this morning Ike passed over here and the power went out again. I'm right at the Arkansas Missouri line and we got >50mph winds here! Trees down and such here. Don't know anything about how my house made it through yet.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                Cobra.. you are missin the chit this time round! The ride out of the "park" with Danny M tonight was the bomb!
                It's all good Mr Wayners - I had a great weekend. Not nearly as fun as yours, but rewarding and fun none-the-less.

Now.... go get some rest. I know you've been burning the candle at both ends (such is the nture of the sir races) - so take a few days now that it's over and take a well deserved.
                Mark K....

Comment

Originally posted by mailman77327
                  You know what stinks? It stinks sitting here in Texas...knowing that a hurricane is approaching...and realizing I probably won't know who won until sometime next week---or later.
                  Hey.. missed '04 for some unscheduled medical "problems" know the feeling! You just come the next year and pick up where you left off!!

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                    Hey.. missed '04 for some unscheduled medical "problems" know the feeling! You just come the next year and pick up where you left off!!

I remember that Wayne 'cause I made Reno in '04.
                    Apparently you are doing well.
                    Thanks for the encouragement.

Comment

and I know we have had our differences of opinion, but for what it's worth I'm glad that you have won your fight with cancer Wayne. It's a horrible thing.

Living in Texas I've got to say that even though they weren't on the podium it was pretty emotional to get power back where I evacuated to just in time to listen to the Gold races and hear that we had two Texas planes in the unlimited race. I also loved the Sport race. Never heard of a homebuilt piston driven airplane doing 409mph! Can't wait for John Sharp to come out with the "B" model!

Comment

We made it unscarred. my parents live in conroe and lost 15 trees. I spent most of yesterday trimming them off their roof. running on a generator. Cleveland is TORE -UP...dont know when the power will be restored . but me and my family are OK. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.
                        Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
                          It's all good Mr Wayners - I had a great weekend. Not nearly as fun as yours, but rewarding and fun none-the-less.

Now.... go get some rest. I know you've been burning the candle at both ends (such is the nture of the sir races) - so take a few days now that it's over and take a well deserved.
                          Phew! We booked another day at the GSR so we could just sleep in and vegge for a day before the 10 hr drive back north..

What a week!!

If I'm not mistaken, two different engine builders had success this week with the Merlin powerplant! That, in itself is a monumental event for Air Racing! That the inlines pounded the radials means the gauntlet has been thrown and we're in for some extremely interesting off-season news gathering and the anticipation rolling towards next RENO is going to be off the chart!!

Just when you think it can't get any better!!!!!!!

Thanks for your continuing support and friendship Mr. Cobra!

Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                          X