Where are the jets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the jets?

Last year there was the Buckeye and a T-33. Wonder why they aren't there this year? I mean the Buckeye WON, why not come back and do it again.

Re: Where are the jets?

Too big and fast, BANNED.

Comment

Originally posted by stuntflyr
      Too big and fast, BANNED.
      Are you sure? I heard he announced the Buckey's retirement from racing and put it up for sale BEFORE last year's Gold.
      _________
      -Matt
      Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

L-29's and L-39's only this year...

WRL

Comment

Must be incidental because RARA's website implies the T33 and T2 are still welcome as of 2007.
          _________
          -Matt
          Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Fresh off the rumor mill... I was just told that Curt Brown qualified a jet at 512 today! Anyone have confirmation? Denial? If true, is that a record?? Seems mighty fast...

Exciting news to get on my way into the GSR.... whoopie!!!

-mosquito

Comment

Answering my own question.... the rara site has Curt Brown qualifying today at 524.514, in a Delphin!! Nice...

-mosquito

Comment

My freind "upstairs" said they exceeded the course "speed limit"(?).

Comment

Looks like a "big engined" L-29 shootout this year. It's also nice to see one of, if not the best, Red Bull pilots getting involved in real air racing. Welcome to the dark side Mike Mangold!

Anyone know why John Penney isn't driving a jet this year? Nice to see Pip Squeak over 500 mph this year.

Interesting that the fastest plane on the course this year is race 77... maybe a sign of things to come......
                  Sky Critter

Comment

The T-2 isn't racing anymore as the pilot said it was just a "bucket" list type thing, so he won and now he's done.

Comment

Thats really weird to see Mangold racing a jet in Reno lol.
                      CFI/CFII/MEI
                      www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com
                      www.InvertedCast.com - InvertedCast, The All Aviation Podcast!

Comment

Originally posted by BUD_XXX
                        My freind "upstairs" said they exceeded the course "speed limit"(?).
                        Fascinating... does anyone have anything more on this? Does RARA or the FAA have a 'course speed limit' of any sort in place, other than the obvious Mach limitations?

-mosquito

Comment

That doesn't make any sence considering dago's course record......
                          CFI/CFII/MEI
                          www.FLYMARKPOLLARD.com
                          www.InvertedCast.com - InvertedCast, The All Aviation Podcast!

Comment

Mike is a natural choice, he has a whole logbook full of F-4 time, plus RedBull and airshows (and airline as well). He's pretty much the "total package" pilot with the possible exception of flight test.

Ron
                            Ron Henning

Comment

Working...
                            X