Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scanner antenna question

Nope, not gonna ask the standard 'what freqs' question
    BUT, for years I've settled with the rubber duck that came with my scanner (Uniden bc250d w/ std BNC antenna connector). I've seen a couple of people with retractable antenna that scope out to about 1 meter or so with a load in the middle.
    What would be a good antenna to get for air bands. I frequently have problems with dropouts when the aircraft are on the back side of the course and I'm wondering if a different antenna would drastically help.
    Any pointers???
    Thanks (can't wait until Thursday, I'm outta here!)
    TomL

Re: scanner antenna question

I have had an air band rubber ducky for a few years and switched to the Diamond RH-77CA this year. Have not tried it at Reno yet but it pulls in a lot more than the old ducky. I have several IC-R5 and side by side the new antenna is a clear winner.

Come by the red radio cart in the open seating area in front of the stands and ask for Frank if you want to try the antenna. I'll be there starting Thursday afternoon.
    pylon judge, race fan

Comment

I have even tried a Super Amplifier by GRE, waist of money.
      Last edited by T-fly; 09-09-2008, 11:10 PM.
      Troy

Comment

Here is a link tho the best and most up to date scanner website. It has a whole section devoted to antenna info.
        The world's largest radio communications data management and media provider.
        Tony

Comment

Working...
        X