Voodoo Mayday Reno 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voodoo Mayday Reno 2008

Unfortunately, I had a great experience yesterday in Voodoo. That airplane is really fast! I loved going around the pylons in it. You can really tell what it has been modified for, Going FAST! The engine was the smoothest reciprocating engine I have ever started. The MayDay was interesting. I had alot of very experienced racers come up to me afterword and offer congratulations on getting through my first real one. I have to say that there is no training that will completely prepare you for the real thing like the"REAL THING". Glad to hear CJ's and Dan Vance's voice on the radio when I was looking or a place to land. Funny what you feel like when god and everybody is watching your every move. Looks like one burned piston. I have to say it was the most rewarding flight I've had since I began air racing. I'm glad I've put forth the effort to get here. It's an honor.
    Sorry to Bob and the Voodoo crew for cutting our fun short. Bob has plans for us next year.
    Man, I loved going fast.
    500+ Someday!
    Will Whiteside

Re: Voodoo Mayday Reno 2008

I was told yesterday that my laps in Voodoo were clocked at 460MPH.
    I had gone from our low "RACE" power to our high "Race" power about 5 pylons prior to declaring a Mayday. I added quite a bit of power just before it broke. I can only guess that Voodoo would have made 475+ MPH laps or so once it settled down on the course. I am amazed at how slick that airplane really is. I have to believe that we would have been a contender this year had that engine held together. Thanks to Bob Button and his crew for the opportunity of a lifetime. I cannot tell you guys enough, how much fun it is to go that fast on that course.

Will Whiteside
    Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote

Comment

I'm guessing that means no 2nd Race Engine ???
      W.Hughes

Comment

Will,

Congratulations on the ride. From a fan perspective we're here to see the birds fly. I heard Mr. Button talking about the engine and all I can see is WOW! Thanks to all the teams and crews for laying it on the line. It doesn't get any better.

Oh yeah, there's a couple of good looking Yaks out there tearing it up too. I love it.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ignomini; 09-09-2008, 07:19 PM.
        No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
        http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Working...
        X