Help please for Reno Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please for Reno Newbie

Hi Guys coming to Reno for the races for the first time I planned to book into a hotel in Reno but I was just wondering if there are any Ranches/Farms that do Bed and Breakfast within 20 miles of Reno
    an internet search has proved pretty blank

I am really a country boy so I'm thinking a few nights away from the bright lights of Reno would be nice maybe somewhere with horses etc

Can any one with some local knowledge can help?

Cheers Simon

Re: Help please for Reno Newbie

Simon, I would recommend a real American camp out at the church. 22.00 a nite for camping, includes 2 showers per day.
    7.50 for soggy breakfast cooked by the wonderful church volunteers.
    Hanging out with many many diehard race fans.......

.............PRICELESS.

Actually there is not much out there by stead.

Comment

Hey Simon,

Bob's right; there's not a whole lot of that kind of thing within 50 miles of Stead Airport. You gotta remember that we'll be in the high desert, and that really doesn't lend itself well to the bed and breakfast experience.
      There are some very nice lodgings available in the Lake Tahoe area, but that puts you well over an hour away from the airport, and those rooms will cost you very dearly.
      What some have done in the past is what Bob suggested: they head for the local Reno WalMart and purchase the bare essentials to camp out at the church then donate the items when it's time to go home. It's not elegant, but it's close!
      Have a safe flight over!!

Comment

Paynts,
        Look me up if your going to camp, I have lanterns, cook stove, bbq etc, I dont mind sharing
        If you do camp, you may wanna invest in the sleeping bags that can handle temps to 30. Even though the weather reports are calling for warm days and nights. Prepare for chilly mornings. Its the high desert. Its snowed at the races before, lol.
        I am thinking thats its going to cool down the latter part of the week, maybe even some thunderstorms to the west. Still looking at the maps.

I am babbling. I am sorry. lol

Bob
        Last edited by Bob; 09-08-2008, 07:36 PM. Reason: fat finger syndrome ;)

Comment

Hey Paynts,
          I'm located a few miles from Bob, and I'd be happy to drag along an extra tent, sleeping bag, etc. for you so you don't have to spend any extra cash.
          Let me know by Thursday night, as I plan to bug outta here on Friday by 6:00 local time.

Al

Comment

I am going to have an extra cot, sleeping bag or two.
            Hell, I am even going to have extra shirts, lol

JUST GET HERE, lol
            bob

Comment

Working...
            X