Bob Hoover Involved in Auto Accident......He's OK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Hoover Involved in Auto Accident......He's OK

Found out yesterday that flying icon, Bob Hoover was involved in a serious auto accident. Mr. Hoover, as is the case with all the legends from his era are all up there in years and this accident could have been a real tragedy for the aviation community. The car Hoover was driving at the time of the accident was totally destroyed, but Hoover managed to walk away. Hoover was taken to the hospital, found to be in good shape and released with only a few minor bruises. Anyone who has ever read Mr. Hoovers book knows that he has walked away from many near death experiences during his flying career, and it seem that Hoover has more lives than a cat. I for one am happy Hoover is alive to live another day and continue to support aviation. He is truely a national treasure and will be attending Reno this year again. I understand that after Hoover was released from the hosipital, he went to his home and within hours flew some aerobatics. We should name him "Hoover the Indestructable." More to follow as I get the info.

Dave

Re: Bob Hoover Involved in Auto Accident......He's OK

I'd sure love to have his guardian angel watching over me...The poor thing must work overtime

SO glad he's OK.

We miss seeing you in the skys over Stead, Mr. Hoover. Good health to you.
    Last edited by AirDOGGe; 08-30-2008, 08:15 AM.

Comment

BIG TIME

Comment

Definitely glad he's OK. Sure do miss him and all his antics
        Attached Files
        "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Happy to hear he will be OK

Comment

Glad to hear that Mr. Hoover is okay and look forward to seeing him at Reno. Truely one of the finest pilots that has ever mastered the skies.

May God Bless him and keep him flying!

Comment

Originally posted by paintboy
              I understand that after Hoover was released from the hosipital, he went to his home and within hours flew some aerobatics. We should name him "Hoover the Indestructable." More to follow as I get the info.

Dave
              I'm glad to hear that Mr. Hoover wasn't hurt too bad and escaped a potentially serious situation. He is a true, class act and one of the many aviation notables I hold in VERY high esteem! When you said he "flew some aerobatics", do you mean in an airplane? I thought he "grounded" himself and hadn't flown in many years. Does he still fly on a regular basis? Does he fly solo or with a "safety pilot"?

Comment

I promised and update and here it is. These photos were taken of the two cars involved in the accident that Mr. Hoover was involved in. Major damage to both cars, and when you consider Mr. Hoover's age, he is very fortunate to have not been seriously injured in this accident. There is something to be said for BIG cars. Thank goodness noone was seriously hurt in this accident.

Dave
                Attached Files

Comment

Im pretty sure the Crown Vic is Bob's...looks like he got hit from behind. (I think I saw him in that car at Tallichet's funeral.) Lucky indeed!

John
                  Last edited by John H; 09-01-2008, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X