Thunder, you wonder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder, you wonder?

With the growing anticipation of seeing what the newest Thunder Mustang might do in the Super Sport Class, here is a look back to some maybe forgotten early stepping stones to where we are now...

1996 2 months before prototype's first flight...

1998-4 months before first flight of first customer Thunder Mustang.

1999-a late night bath before leaving Nampa for Reno 1999.

all ready, but no racing in 2001 for N58EE

Re: Thunder, you wonder?

Hi Lowell, thanks again for all the great pictures.
    I also wanted to post here that we expect a record attendance this year of 10 Thunder Mustangs at Reno. Our group is growing and will make this year even more fun.
    Wishing the best success and our full support for George Giboney in Race 75 this year. Go kick some butt George

See ya all very soon ~ Solo

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudchaser427
      Hi Lowell, thanks again for all the great pictures.
      I also wanted to post here that we expect a record attendance this year of 10 Thunder Mustangs at Reno. Our group is growing and will make this year even more fun.
      Wishing the best success and our full support for George Giboney in Race 75 this year. Go kick some butt George

See ya all very soon ~ Solo
      SWEET!
      cant wait to see blueII and all those thunders parked in a group
      Todd Smith

Comment

Originally posted by thunderstangfan
        SWEET!
        cant wait to see blueII and all those thunders parked in a group

Blue II is not near ready for this year but they are making great progress and hope to have her flying for 09. We're all anxious to see her fly & put a smile back on John's face when he can race again.

Solo

Comment

I remeber seeing that green and white TM at the Watsonville fly-in in the late 1990s. Who owns that one now?

Comment

Originally posted by SCEPTER
            I remeber seeing that green and white TM at the Watsonville fly-in in the late 1990s. Who owns that one now?
            If it was the prototype, then that is N151TM. This aircraft was destroyed in a fatal accident.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudchaser427
              Blue II is not near ready for this year but they are making great progress and hope to have her flying for 09. We're all anxious to see her fly & put a smile back on John's face when he can race again.

Solo
              i was refering to her construction progress...sorry should have been a little clearer on that lol
              Todd Smith

Comment

Hi guys, this is my first post here.
                I'm looking for cad drawings of the thunder mustang. I don't need a complete drawing with all nuts and bols and hoses, all i need is 3 view drawing, something like

but a bit detailed and definitely bigger.

Some more info from the past, thundermustang guys had some stuff on thir site back in 2001:

Thunder Mustang Information Packet. Get the details on the most thrilling kit plane to hit the market. Specifications include: Structural and Aerodynamic Design, Aircraft Structure, Powerplant, the Kit Package and detailed Schematic Drawing. Price $10.00

Thunder Mustang Construction Photo Album. This CD contains over 1000 high quality construction photos of the Thunder Mustang that will help you decide that "you can build a Thunder Mustang". Many of these photos are used in the Thunder Mustang Construction Manual. These easy-to-view jpegs will aid you on your quest for the airplane of your dreams.
                Price $20.00

Also, there was a document called - CAD Profile Drawing (http://www.thundermustang.com/gutworks/CADSideview.pdf) but this link is not working.
                But i think it contained only a sideview, not all views.

Maybe you have something in your archive?
                Thank you in advance.

Comment

Working...
                X