Unlimited Updates???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlimited Updates???

I know it is getting real close to "game day" for these racers and what little time that's left is very precious. Do we have any updates on whats happening with these planes? Sept. Fury, Voodoo, Dago, Strega? I was really wondering about Sept. Fury and Voodoo. How are the September Pops gang coming along with Chubby? Any info please!

Thanks
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Re: Unlimited Updates???

Bear have Paint Yet ??? If so, Is it going to pill off this time ?
    W.Hughes

Comment

The 'Bear' does have paint, though I have not been able to get out there for the past few days to see just how far along that project is, been down with a sickness. As for it peeling...well...I think that it's guaranteed to stay on till they pull it out of the hanger. But really, Rich has put his heart and soul into the project and I'm confident all will be well.

That's all the info I have till I get a chance to get out there. I am feeling better this morning, so if all things go well, I'll make a 'Bear' run today.

LP

Comment

The Bear has a coat of white painted on her. I do not know how far they will be able to go with the color, but since we are less than 2 weeks away from launch I am not expecting much. Everyone else is putting on the smash to get their racers ready. This is where the rubber really meets the road for these teams. It's funny, for most of these teams they woek on these racers months before the event but it never fails that they end up burning the midnight oil getting them ready for Reno. It seems you can never have enough time to prepare one of these racers for the dance. A huge appreciation to these teams for their efforts and dedication in getting their planes ready. Most are volunteers and they burn their vacation time from work, and maybe a few sick days to make all this come together. Thank you all.

Dave

Comment

Howdy to all,

Paid a quick visit to the 'Cave' this morning. And yes the 'Bear', is coated in white. From my quick drive by, it looked as though the wings were not yet painted, but there is still some finishing work to be done at leading edge roots. I did get a few pictures and I will update when I get home tonight.

You are quite right Dave. The Bear team got what I thought was a pretty good start on getting ready for this years races. But they are a very dedicated and very hard working bunch, and besides, they wouldn't know how to act if they were not having to burn the midnight oil. We wouldn't want them to have it too easy, even though I think they've more than earned it. And I'm not saying that others haven't earned it as well.

LP
          Last edited by MMPerk; 08-27-2008, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt58
            I know it is getting real close to "game day" for these racers and what little time that's left is very precious. Do we have any updates on whats happening with these planes? Sept. Fury, Voodoo, Dago, Strega? I was really wondering about Sept. Fury and Voodoo. How are the September Pops gang coming along with Chubby? Any info please!

Thanks

How's Chubby? You decide!

Michael

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXNavlk9KEk
            Last edited by Mluvara; 08-27-2008, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Sounds and looks good...
              Cheers

Comment

Last year at this time The Bear was only primered and they got her painted. Plenty of time left for that team. Certainly wouldn't mind if it raced w/o scheme and just a little lighter.

Comment

Originally posted by T.F.
                  Last year at this time The Bear was only primered and they got her painted. Plenty of time left for that team. Certainly wouldn't mind if it raced w/o scheme and just a little lighter.
                  Aww... those guys... I got one word.. THEATER

They're just tryin' to keep it interesting...

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Doing a good job too. I'm on the edge of my seat!

Comment

That makes a bunch of us...

Here's a little teaser though...oh...and the new tail piece is also the work of John Parker. Thank you John for everything.

LP
                      Attached Files

Comment

One of my very best buddies is on the Bear team and I know that those guys burn the candle at both ends, really to the point of exhaustion at times.

Even down here in the lowly biplane class I can tell you that it takes an amazing amount of volunteer effort to bring a competitive racer to Reno. We at the DragRacer (#25) team began about 6 months ago on changes to our little biplane with the hope that we could gain an additional 10mph in top speed, knowing full well that our changes could in the end, make the airplane 10 mph slower. In June we really began the Reno push working nearly ever day. And now it's all day every day, usually we don't get home until after 9:00pm on most evenings and we still have things left undone. Our team does it just for fun and that's why we go to Reno, just for the fun of it. It's fun to make something that's slow, go fast.

It's a tribute to air racing that these talented guys give so much of themselves to the sport.

Dennis
                        Biplane #25

Comment

Originally posted by MMPerk

Here's a little teaser though...oh...and the new tail piece is also the work of John Parker. Thank you John for everything.
                          Here's another little teaser.. http://rarebear.com/

Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Ah..Drag Racer, very photogenic plane.

Comment

Originally posted by MMPerk

LP
                              Does that mean they replaced the cool Bill Hickle tailcone? Or do you mean some other tail piece?
                              _________
                              -Matt
                              Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Working...
                              X