• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Static at Reno

I heard John Sessions will be bringing his new " B ". Rad
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Funflyer; 08-26-2008, 08:30 AM. Reason: Wrong picture

Re: Static at Reno

Can't wait to see it. Also the rumor about the Thunderbirds staying at the Stead is true. I was looking at the schedule and it says things like,

09:35 - 09:40 USAF Thjunderbirds No. 8 and C-130 No 14 depart
    09:40 - 09:45 USAF Thunderbirds C-130 No. 15 and No.16 arrive

That was for Saturday

Comment

I love their arrivals. Dosnt the F22 arrive Thursday? I sure hope Max beats the place up real good, the F22 is supposed to be quite loud.
      Any one as excited as I am? Hehe

Comment

About the T-birds? Not really, they demand to much time and airspace, we aren't even allowed to refuel or position planes on the ramp while they perform. But its what brings in the "crowds"!
        Last edited by steve D; 08-26-2008, 04:44 PM.

Comment

sadly...

Originally posted by jason
          Can't wait to see it. Also the rumor about the Thunderbirds staying at the Stead is true. I was looking at the schedule and it says things like,

09:35 - 09:40 USAF Thjunderbirds No. 8 and C-130 No 14 depart
          09:40 - 09:45 USAF Thunderbirds C-130 No. 15 and No.16 arrive

That was for Saturday
          they are staying out there and we are totally out of ramp space because of it!

Comment

Well there goes good taxi shots down the ramp , also during races you can end up with "T-bird tails" in your shots ugh!!! Now they will need MORE time for taxi in and out . Wasn't the last time they were there, stage outta Nellis, that would be so much easier. Whos brainstorm idea was this?, uh let me guess.....

Comment

Bob,

I can now say from experience that the F22 demo IS loud.... after our hassle with security was over, we enjoyed a second demo

We were on top of the RV when he made a right to left pass starting behind the showline (photo pass) and he was moving. I have a couple of really good shots and one of just his wingtip as my son and I were trying to cover our ears as he roared by with about 300 ft alt and maybe 300 ft out from our position.....

Look forward to watching it again. Hopefully the skies of Reno will allow for better pictures. Haze and glare were terrible and the demo is alot of vertical.

Warren

Comment

The last time that 'they' were here, I do believe that 'they' staged out of RNO. And darn if I wasn't mad that I didn't get to see their ground routine and launching.

LP

Comment

Weren't they staged out of Stead several years ago? It was the year the car was dropped in the middle of the runway, as I recall (if that brain cell still contains good data).

Comment

Originally posted by Skyracer
                    Weren't they staged out of Stead several years ago? It was the year the car was dropped in the middle of the runway, as I recall (if that brain cell still contains good data).

I here ya on the brain cell...I think some of mine have been corrupted with bad data or data that is no longer valid. And I'm pretty sure that I'm beyond any possible help.

LP

Comment

Snowbirds 2007 gave us a mock air race around the ul coarse. The T-birds should do that this year.

Side question. Could a Snowbird Tudor enter the new jet class? Wing sweep seems right. Afterburner?

Comment

I don't recall the T-birds staged at Stead, at least not since 76. The Blues have been. A few years ago they set up a Blue Angel VIP area in front of the ramp with carpet, chairs and a walkway. Made it he** for those of us sitting on the ramp as the VIP's stood and walked in front of us. Most really seemed to have absolutely no interest in aviation, just the trip back and forth to the bar.
                        Dunno, I like the T-bird ground show and dead spots are good for napping...
                        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                        X