Air Race Cookbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Race Cookbook

Karen Morss solicited pilots, crews and pylon judges to submit recipes and created the Air Race Cookbook in 2006. She updated it with new recipes this year. There are 50 remaining. It's worth it just to have John Penney's Power Chili (A Manly Race Pilots Delicacy) recipe. He writes almost as good as he flies. His recipe ends with this postnote: "If not desired for consumption, construction mix can be used as an excellent adhesive for laying plywood sub-flooring, Astro-Turf, etc." There are some great recipes you can use for the party on Saturday night. See her email below.
    Mike

Hi Everybody

We will have 50 of the Air Race Cookbooks for sale at the Eberhardts' pitt this year. Just in case you would like to save on shipping and get a couple early Christmas presents!

Thanks again for your contributions,

Karen Morss

Re: Air Race Cookbook

Is there any way one could reserve a copy? My wife has quite the collection of cookbooks including those from Grand Prix drivers. This would be a more than worthy addition!

Comment

If possible, I would like to reserve a copy as well. I was disappointed that I did not get one in '06, so I'm very happy to hear that Karen updated it and made it available again. I'll be in the Strega pit starting Wednesday...so I could come down & get one, especially if I knew one would be reserved for me....
      Kathleen

Comment

I don't know if you can reserve one but you could probably buy one before the races to make sure you get your copies. Email Karen at KarenMorss@cs.com or try http://books.cafepress.com/item/air-...book/265038115. One of these two should work.
        Mike

Comment

Don't remember if I posted these before. Thanks, KC

Comment

Quote: [Karen Morss solicited pilots, crews and pylon judges to submit recipes and created the Air Race Cookbook in 2006. She updated it with new recipes this year. There are 50 remaining. It's worth it just to have John Penney's Power Chili (A Manly Race Pilots Delicacy) recipe. He writes almost as good as he flies. His recipe ends with this postnote: "If not desired for consumption, construction mix can be used as an excellent adhesive for laying plywood sub-flooring, Astro-Turf, etc."] My chocolate chip cookie recipe was unfortunately rejected. Maybe next time. I call my cookies "Sh*t-Ahoy".

Comment

Originally posted by bergschrund
              Quote: My chocolate chip cookie recipe was unfortunately rejected. Maybe next time. I call my cookies "Sh*t-Ahoy".
              Maybe you should have used real choco chips instead of thae laxitive........

Comment

Working...
              X