• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Penney getting some V 12 time

Today at FHC. Rad
    Attached Files

Re: John Penney getting some V 12 time

Way cool! Where did that Messerschmit come from? Forgive my ignorance, where's FHC?
    "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

The Flying Heritage Collection is based in the Seattle (please correct me if im wrong) and the 109 was originally recoverd by Sir Tim Wallis of the Alpine Fighter Collection in Wanaka NZ. It was restored in the UK and was to form a Battle of Britain flight with The AFC's Hawker Hurricane and a MkV spitfire that is also now located at the FHC the 109 is a genuine 109e that was shot down in 1940 over the english channel and crash landed near calais in france.
      race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Spot on. FHC is Paul Allen's collection and based at Paine field in Everett Wa. John Penney is their chief pilot. Rad

Comment

Here's the Russell Group "Emil" at Thunder Over Michigan. It's also in the video clip.

WWII battle reenactment at Thunder Over Michigan, hosted by the Yankee Air Museum.
          Attached Files
          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
          World Speed Record Holder

Comment

So what class is he entering the Messerschmit in???

A

Comment

So they post on the FHC webpage the flying shedule, but they don't say which particular A/C will be flying on a given day. Does anyone know this info, particularly on what day some of the more rare aircraft like this 109E would be flying? Would be nice to know... the one time I made it up there they flew the Jug and P-51. As much as I like seeing any warbird fly, I probably wouldn't have drove the distance just to see that. :/

Comment

The schedule and aircraft are posted on the site. They take down the Saturday event on the Friday before ( 18 hours ) if there is no substitute due to mechanical problems. Rad

Comment

Ah... I see they are listing the A/C that will be flying now. They weren't doing that initially. Thanks!

~R.

Comment

Working...
                  X