F-22 Demo Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-22 Demo Question

A little while ago, there was talk of trying to get the F-22 Demo Pilot to come to the BBQ on Saturday. If I remember correctly, Wayne stated that his name was Max.

My question is, is this the same Max that hosts "Showdown: Air Combat" on the Discovery Military Channel?

Thanks for any clarification.
    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Re: F-22 Demo Question

Yeap, that is him
    Last edited by RCoulter; 08-23-2008, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Thats what I thought, but just needed to be confirmed. Also, if any of you have not seen this show, it is well worth your time! Very in-depth look at major air battles of recent history, and a very nice look at the aircraft that participated in those battles, plus great air-air footage of mock dogfights. Thanks again!
      "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Quote:[duck/whistle pig/beer slayer] We in Colorado and New Mexico have a special treatment reserved for "Whistle Pig" killers (Marmots)

Comment

The F22 Demo is in Indy this weekend. I believe they are flying the demo pilot out to the show via helicopter after he lands back at IND. If this is in fact Max, and I can get close enough, I can make the BBQ offer if those putting it together would like me to try.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hell yeah on asking him
            Last edited by Bob; 08-23-2008, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
              Hell yeah on asking him

I second that motion!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt58
                My question is, is this the same Max that hosts "Showdown: Air Combat" on the Discovery Military Channel?
                I've heard that "Showdown: Air Combat" has been cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by dvddude
                  I've heard that "Showdown: Air Combat" has been cancelled.
                  Not exactly: http://www.airshowbuzz.com/forums/in...wn&#entry70366

Comment

Thanks to all for the info
                    Last edited by Matt58; 08-24-2008, 02:38 PM.
                    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

No luck meeting up with the demo pilot (Max?)... If he was brought over I never heard the announcement. I might have been in the middle of our run-in with the security in the parking lot. We parked our RV at the end of the parking area toward the flightline like we have done for the past 3 years. Security came over and told us we could not stay with the vehicle I asked if we could finish lunch as that is what we were doing, he reluctantly agreed and headed off. Just then the F22 started his routine. About half way through security is back and tells us that if we do not leave the parking area we will be forceably removed by armed police...this was suppose to be a safety issue??? the spectator line inside the fence was a good 50 yards closer to the taxiway/showline.

I headed to the airshow HQ and checked to see where we could move the RV so the wife and kids can escape the heat. Thankfully, the people at HQ are airshow people. Security was handling the parking lot issue completely wrong. They were suppose to check if the people had bought tickets. If they had they were to leave them alone and they could go about as they pleased. Others who just were trying to get a free show would be asked to leave or directed to the ticket entrances. Really screwed up the day for my wife and kids. I just tried to make the best of a bad situation.

Took lots of pictures, but the haze/glare was terrible. Only have a couple that I really like.

Sorry I wasn't able to pass along the invitation. Not sure if I'll be able to make it, but will try and drop by Saturday.

Warren Laurendine

Comment

Working...
                      X