Sea Fury crash @ Stead???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Fury crash @ Stead???

RGJ.com is reporting that a sea fury crashed at the end of runway @ Stead...They are also reporting the pilot is ok...anyone out there have more details??

Re: Sea Fury crash @ Stead???

I was out there today and there was a sea fury in the hanger it was about 11 30 this morning. shawn

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan
      RGJ.com is reporting that a sea fury crashed at the end of runway @ Stead...They are also reporting the pilot is ok...anyone out there have more details??
      Posted by Doug Jeanes director of Cavanaugh museum on another board

Guys, I wanted to get on and let everyone know about an accident with the Sea Fury before things get out of hand. The engine quit on final and the pilot was able to land short but the rough terrain took it's toll. The pilot is OK, but "King Fury"won't make the race. Please keep the speculation down and I will give details as I can. Thanks for your consideration.

Comment

Glad to hear there were no serious injuries.

We'll be on our toes waiting for more information.

Comment

Damn, that sucks! Glad to hear the pilot is OK. Hope the plane can be repaired!

Tommy

Comment

That can be fixed in photoshop.

Comment

Glad to see the pilot made it out OK. That is one bad looking Sea Fury

Comment

Ouch! Glad to hear the pilot is ok.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer

I got a notice from my anti-virus software that a virus attack was attempted from this web site when I clicked on the link.. Beware!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye
                    I got a notice from my anti-virus software that a virus attack was attempted from this web site when I clicked on the link.. Beware!!
                    Hawkeye... probably only a "script alert" there does not seem to be anything there that would be harmful...

I got so tired of false BS from both Norton and... what's the other one... Mcaffeee?? that I switched to zone labs combo firewall virus.. Seems to play nice with other software (Norton would not play at all with ZL's firewall, which is why I dumped it)

Anyway... I would not profess to be an "expert" at this stuff but, nothing I can see there anyway....

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Pictures on local news last night. Plane looks fairly well mangled with gear ripped out and fuse broken. Thank god the pilot is OK. Airplanes can be fixed.
                      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
                        Pictures on local news last night. Plane looks fairly well mangled with gear ripped out and fuse broken. Thank god the pilot is OK. Airplanes can be fixed.
                        FWIW, it appears to be a gear-up landing.

Comment

The RGJ has a series of ten shots this morning. Looks like something punched thru the wings and one shot shows what looks like a main gear leg some distance from the wreck. Dunno, heard about it too late yesterday to go out there.
                          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Well, I guess you're right. I hadn't seen that shot with the gear leg. Others were floating around without that.

Comment

Working...
                            X