Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Official: Dago Red has been.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Official: Dago Red has been.........

Sold!
    I'm sure you guys would have found out about this faily quickly now that the information has been made public knowledge.

The aircraft will be raced at Reno this year - those plans have not changed. The new owner will be at Reno as well... and plans on taking Dago Red to "the next level" in air racing. She is in good hands

I think you'll like the new logo & the apparel that will be on sale at Reno this year
    Last edited by Pylon1_Mark; 08-20-2008, 08:18 AM.
    Mark K....

Re: It's Official: Dago Red has been.........

Originally posted by Cobra
    The aircraft will be raced at Reno this year - those plans have not changed. The new owner will be at Reno as well... and plans on taking Dago Red to "the next level" in air racing. She is in good hands
    Good news.

Who is this? "DREAM MACHINES LLC"

Comment

[and plans on taking Dago Red to "the next level" in air racing. She is in good hands

I think you'll like the new logo & the apparel that will be on sale at Reno this year
      The next level... holy cr*p Batman!
      Cheers

Comment

I see they have another P-51D:

N151GP
        44-63791
        "Three of Hearts"

but I don't see it here:

The warbird registry follows the history of all North American Aviation P-51 Mustangs that survived military service.

I hope Dago looses the Kelp, and adds some secret stuff up front.

Comment

From MustangsMustang.com--"Three Of Hearts" N151GP
          44-63791
          Gordon Page Layfayette Co
          Under Restoration P-51D-20NA

Comment

Re: It\'s Official: Dago Red has been.........

Somebody please correct me if I\'m wrong, but isn\'t that the same owner of the black Mustang that stuffed it on it\'s nose in Lodi a couple years back?

Comment

The other Mustang has the N# off of the old George Perez ship which raced I think at Mojave in the 1970 California 1000. I don't recall it racing at Stead, though I think it was at Reno International in 1972 during the week of the races. Getting old and memory fading so maybe it was another with similar paint in 1972.

The serial it had then was 44-74483 so this rebuild may incorporate a new identity that has more history...?

Comment

I live in Lodi. I know the guy who plowed the black Mustang. The plane was Bob Loves old plane. The guy in Lodi bought the Mustang from Russ Francis who used to play in the NFL for New England and SF FortyNiners. Sorry got off the subject a little bit.

Frank C.

Comment

Seems the new owner has been buying up Mustangs... parts?

Comment

Word of mouth told me that its an all Roush built motor in it too. Can anyone confirm?

I guess Roush has built a Ford Mustang P-51a. 510 horsepower 510lbs torque. I am not a Ford guy but it's pretty bad A$$.
                    My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Dago Red will have Sparrow built ''Special'' Merlin that is being run on the test stand now.Should be flying next week.

Comment

Sold!
                        I'm sure you guys would have found out about this faily quickly now that the information has been made public knowledge.
                        Hey Markers... I think you probably "broke" the story.. would prolly have hit the fan soon but I think you beat the crowd!

Thanks for sharing the info, you're a good man Mark Kallio!

Wayne
                        PS.. got your phone message, my phones have been totally dorked here for a week or so...
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                          Hey Markers... I think you probably "broke" the story.. would prolly have hit the fan soon but I think you beat the crowd!

Thanks for sharing the info, you're a good man Mark Kallio!

Wayne
                          PS.. got your phone message, my phones have been totally dorked here for a week or so...
                          Well, truth be told it was a request to put out that info (the rest of it is something I cannot elaborate on... i.e. who is Dream Machines LLC... other then to say that the new owner is extremely elthusiatic and is committed to do everything needed to carry on the legacy of the aircraft's racing heritage - in short, doing just what everyone here is hoping for). The new owner does have total access/control of the Dago website so I'm sure that when they decide it's time - they will let all the fans know more specifics.

Sorry about the phone fubar Mr Wayners... as long as you got the message, it's all good
                          Last edited by Pylon1_Mark; 08-20-2008, 10:22 PM.
                          Mark K....

Comment

Originally posted by Frank C.
                            I live in Lodi. I know the guy who plowed the black Mustang. The plane was Bob Loves old plane. The guy in Lodi bought the Mustang from Russ Francis who used to play in the NFL for New England and SF FortyNiners. Sorry got off the subject a little bit.

Frank C.
                            So, what's the story with that video showing the Mustang departing the runway and that obnoxious lady cackling about it?

Comment

Good to hear that she is back in action.

Comment

Working...
                              X