Abbotsford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbotsford

Today we went to the end of the runway in Abbotsford and had some fun watching folks leaving after the weekend air show.
    I would normally be embarrassed to post photos here, since I'm no photographer, but this was so cool that I thought it might give you an idea just how fun it was standing underneath these guys when they left.
    We saw pretty much the whole static display leave, as well as the Blue Angels and some of the air show performers.
    My poor little point and click Sony just isn't up to the task, but here are a few that I was able to get. Dave was shooting video, so if I can figure out how to edit I might be able to post some action.
    cheers
    Rachel
    Attached Files

Re: Abbotsford

Originally posted by dineega
    I would normally be embarrassed to post photos here, since I'm no photographer, but this was so cool that I thought it might give you an idea just how fun it was standing underneath these guys when they left.
    Rachel
    Then think of yourself as a roving reporter
    We can leave the art for the artist's, the rest of us are grateful you shared.

Thank you, nice job Rachel
    Paul

Haven't heard any Moose reports lately. ?

Comment

There are great photos and then there are cool shots. Both are of interest.These are some cool shots man. Thanks.

Comment

I didn't think anyone remembered the moose. It's coming...just about to start wiring. The prop is in my living room, wings are on for now;and now we need to building the panel. $$
        The old guy that was helping out had a heart attack last year and moved to his daughter's so that has slowed progress somewhat.
        Not as much happens in the summer since we are busy farming, but he has been working at it the last few weeks. Usually right after Reno they really get going on it.
        thanks for asking
        Last edited by dineega; 08-11-2008, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Nice shots, thanks for posting them.
          Tony

Comment

I used to go to that show when I was a kid. In '86 we flew in, ground control directed us off accross a field due to the Antonov AN224 being on short final behind us. We hung a right turn and exited off the runway and right into an unmarked telephone post hole. The nosewheel went in, and the prop curled quite nicely. We ended up getting parked next to a P51 and A Sea Fury. It was pretty funny to see all these nice warbirds and our yellow and brown Cessna 175 with a bent prop parked on the show line.

Those are some good shots. I'd really like to get back up there one of these years.

Will

Comment

Who could forget about "Critical Moose"??!!!

Can't wait to see 'er!

Hope all goes well!

DB
              Attached Files
              DB

Comment

Hey SuperDave - how's it going?? I have that piece of original artwork framed and in my living room, and a copy on the wall of fame in the shop. Hopefully I'll be able to add to the collection this year (finding somewhere to hang it is another story).
                We'll have to hook up for a wobbly pop in Reno.

Cheers!!

Comment

Working...
                X