• Show
Clear All

• AIRRACE PARTICIPANTS

airrace particapants

Scroll down to see particpants
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: AIRRACE PARTICIPANTS

Thanks for posting!

Let's see, the Bear, Strega, Dago and Sept Fury, looks like a helluva race this year if they can all stay together through Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51
      airrace particapants

Scroll down to see particpants
      What happened to Jeff Lo's "Miss Gianna" in Biplane? Are they not defending their title this year?

"Miss Diane" is missing from the list as well.

Jeff? You there?

Don
      Go Bear

Comment

From what I read, Jeff is not bringing Miss Gianna, but is bringing Miss Diane with a pilot other than himslf.
        Last edited by Race5; 08-11-2008, 01:49 PM.

Comment

The diversity of the jet field seems to have vanished as well.

Comment

Didn't see the T-2 or T-33 in the Jet Class

Comment

Originally posted by supercub
              Didn't see the T-2 or T-33 in the Jet Class
              I already posted in another thread about the T-2, but here it is again. He is not racing as it was a "bucket list" type thing, do it once and he was done. It was in Pilot Journal a few months back. I am going to miss that thing though

Comment

Originally posted by hattend
                What happened to Jeff Lo's "Miss Gianna" in Biplane? Are they not defending their title this year?

"Miss Diane" is missing from the list as well.

Jeff? You there?

Don
                Go Bear
                Jeff has posted on another forum. Due to lack of time in prep, and flying he is not going to bring Miss Gianna, or partisipate in racing this year. He may fly a few lap in practice just to keep current, but will have another pilot take the stick of Miss Diane.

He is thinking safety first, and should be commended for it!

Wolfee

Comment

I'm pretty sure only L-29's and L-39's with wingtip tanks will be racing this year.

LP

Comment

Does anyone know status of Riff Raff? I did not see it listed. I did note that Hoot was listed as the pilot for Robin 1 in the jet class. THX

Comment

Riff Raff will stand down this year as Mike Keenum and the team work on a few things in preperation for 2009. Riff Raff is already listed for 2009 Reno, and her spot reserved. Furias is also been confirmed as a no-show for 2008. Could have been very interesting considering how it all could have played out this year.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by wolfee
                        Jeff has posted on another forum. Due to lack of time in prep, and flying he is not going to bring Miss Gianna, or partisipate in racing this year. He may fly a few lap in practice just to keep current, but will have another pilot take the stick of Miss Diane.

He is thinking safety first, and should be commended for it!

Wolfee
                        Yup, I'm sorry to say that Miss Gianna will be staying in the hangar at RHV this September. That airplane requires that I be REALLY current before I get in it and with all that is going on with my life right now I just haven't had the time or the motivation to get enough seat time this year to say nothing of getting the needed mods done to give me a shot at Phantom. It is so much work and expense to field that airplane that without a plausible shot at the title I decided to stand down this year. We're already working on it for 2009 though. Come find me in the biplane hangar next month if you want all the gory details.

Since my plan was to fly Miss Gianna this year, I had committed to Greg Heinze that he could fly Miss Dianne, and I will honor that, although I will fly a few practice laps and a heat race in her to stay current for another year.

Jeff
                        Jeff Lo
                        Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
                        Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

Originally posted by FlyinLo
                          Yup, I'm sorry to say that Miss Gianna will be staying in the hangar at RHV this September. That airplane requires that I be REALLY current before I get in it and with all that is going on with my life right now I just haven't had the time or the motivation to get enough seat time this year to say nothing of getting the needed mods done to give me a shot at Phantom. It is so much work and expense to field that airplane that without a plausible shot at the title I decided to stand down this year. We're already working on it for 2009 though. Come find me in the biplane hangar next month if you want all the gory details.

Since my plan was to fly Miss Gianna this year, I had committed to Greg Heinze that he could fly Miss Dianne, and I will honor that, although I will fly a few practice laps and a heat race in her to stay current for another year.

Jeff
                          Thanks for stopping by Jeff! Look forward to seeing you next month!!

Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks again Jeff, You are a class act. Looking forward to 2009. See you in the hanger on Sunday with a suprise to the old timmer biplane guys.

See I do get one right every now and then

Wolfee

Comment

Working...
                            X