Biplane stuff-- from Wingman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biplane stuff-- from Wingman

Some guys are loners -- others seem to prefer a crowd. In digging through my Biplane Racing stuff this week, I seem to have evidence of one of the latter. AAFO poster Jeff Lo seems to end up in traffic a lot.

Reno 2000, Saturday Heat 2A... Jeff is chased by Robert Jones (who only has half as many arms to work with !).

Neal
    Attached Files

Reno 2000 Silver -- Jeff battles with Charlie Greer. Charlie has moved over to the IF1 ranks -- was third in the Gold this year.

Neal
    Attached Files

Comment

Was this THE Chris McMillin ??? Neal
      Attached Files

Comment

Same Race number -- different year, dfferent airplane...

Neal
        Attached Files

Comment

Really in a crowd

Do you have any photos of the 1999 Biplane Heat 1B? We spent most of the race stacked about 5 wide going around the course. Now THAT was a crowd!
          Jeff Lo
          Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
          Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

Neal,
            Nice pictures. I am indeed responsible for both of those airplanes.
            The first was in 98. It is an S-1C that I sold in 99 to buy the S-1D that I raced in 99.
            I was fined for low flying in the Silver heat and took a last place start penalty as well, pretty much assuring me of a last place finish in the final. Is this photo of the Silver heat race?
            The airplane is undergoing mods in Chandler, AZ and should go faster in the future. Whenever that is!
            Chris...
            P.S. Send an e-mail and we'll talk about getting some photos of it on the course. I never got mine from another photographer. Thanks...pittsflyr@yahoo.com

Comment

Hi Chris -- No, that was Thurs Heat 1B -- as is this. These are the only three shots of your airplanes I've turned up -- Til this year I've never shot the Biplanes very intensively or completely as I've never had customers in the class, and never seemed to get much interest in photos from the guys I did meet. We have many close friends in all the other classes, so that's been where our attention went. This year we were approached by Rookie Jacqui Varda, and that got us interested, and we ended up doing quite a lot of really good stuff of the Biplanes. I will email you...

Yours is an evocative Race number -- Does it indicate any future ambitions??

Neal
              Attached Files

Comment

Heat 1B ?

Hello Jeff -- No, I did not do that Race -- As I remember, I didn't get up early enough to catch the bus that Thursday morning... Here are a couple more shots of you in traffic in the 2000 Silver

Neal
                Attached Files

Comment

I've always thought it's too bad the Biplanes have to run so early in the morning -- the Reserve stands are always nearly empty, even on Sunday. A lot of people miss a lot of good racing !
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X