TOR DVD at Reno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOR DVD at Reno

When I was at the Thunder Over Reno tent at Oshkosh, buying my official DVD for $20, the producer told me that they would be available at Reno also so you can avoid the shipping charges if you go this year.

This next part is 100 percent rumor, but at the Reno air race tent, I was also told that housing development over the next 5 to 10 years could have grave consequences for us, (no big surprise there) so if you know of anyone that hasnt seen the air races or is waffeling, tell them that it would be a good idea to make plans now.....nothing is forever....

Chris who will be there every year till my ashes are spead out there....

Re: TOR DVD at Reno

The housing going in out there is between the airport and the freeway, and along Military Way in Lemmon Valley. There is also both housing and commercial going in on the south side of 395. Unless all of this causes problems with the racers coming down the chute I don't see how it would end it. It will, however, eliminate a lot of parking areas. Of course, with growth comes the "I did'nt know" crowd and lawsuits could eventually cause a problem. Most of the land along the back course and the east side is either zoned too big or impracticle to build. Red Rock has un-built parcels but not much is left out there. The development I worry about is the infield. There have been various proposals to place industrial uses in the middle of the field between runways. THAT could be a big issue. The fact that they would need to be closed during race week and general safety the rest of the year has made it unnatractive but who knows.
    Last edited by Leo; 08-06-2008, 05:26 PM.
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Thats good that they will be selling them at reno.I got my E mail from them today and ordered 2 DVD's. That should last me until the races should I wear one out before we go!!! Then I could buy one more for the way home!!
      Last edited by niki62; 08-06-2008, 07:37 PM.

Comment

I was also told that housing development over the next 5 to 10 years could have grave consequences for us
        My wife and I were watching the city counsel discussing a large 10 year development between Cold Springs and Red Rock. A couple of times those nasty Population Density words came up along with the races. Leave it to the city of Reno to ruin yet another great event!
        Tony

Comment

If anyone has noticed, those houses out there along Military Road (the ones on the left as you head towards the airport) haven't gone anywhere in quite some time. The ones off of Stead Blvd. are vandalized constantly and I haven't seen any more progress on them in ages. Who wants to buy a house that's vandalized before it's even finished? I haven't seen anyone around either development for quite some time. But all that asside, they really need to do some work on Miliatry Road. I talked to RTC and sooner or later in will receive some much needed attention.

LP
          Last edited by MMPerk; 08-06-2008, 09:20 PM.

Comment

I was unable to see any of the screenings of TOR that were making their way around last year. I heard reviews varying from the crowd weeping with joy, to the crowd weeping from laughter. But at least they made it.

The talk I see here is just about it being released on DVD. Were they unable to secure a distributor for the theater? I thought the people here and who were making the movie had said that they already had a distributor and that it would be hitting the big screen soon.

Did I miss something? If it came out, it was never played in my neck of the woods.

Can someone tell me what I\'m missing please?

Jim

Comment

Both Military Road and Lemmon Valley Road will be rebuilt. Both for future gtrowth and the simple fact that they were way overdue for their current usage. IF the ever get the WalMart out there the whole interchange will be redone. The growth in Lemmon Valley is planned, but with the housing market being what it is, it will be years before that builds out. The housing in Stead that keeps getting vandalized is mostly Habitat for Humanity stuff. There is a lot of low income housing in the areas near the airport. Most of the area between Stead and Red Rock is built out or will be commercial/industrial. I'm working on one now at Red Rock Road behind the gas station that will be yet another storage are. Those seem to grow like weeds out that way! There is a commercial center going in near the school on Stead Blvd. soon. This will place a roundabout at that first light on Stead Blvd., a pain.
              The area between Cold Springs and Red rock that Deepsky is talking about has been planned by Lifestyle Homes for a long time, at least 10 years. It will be the development of the Cold Springs valley all the way back into the hills (north) until it wraps around and enters the Red Rock area thru a saddle that is out there. You will then be able to go around and out Red Rock instead of over Anderson Hill (395 at Peavine) to leave Cold Springs tho I don't know why anyone would. There are somewhere around 3000 units planned out there but that will be a long way off with this market. Lifestyle just got it's zoning and master plan approved. There is a lot of land out in Cold Springs, Red rock and Lemmon Valley that is beyond the hills that surround the airport. Heck, Red Rock Road goes for miles and ends up in Cali miles north of Stead. The roads out of Lemmon Valley north go forever thru open land and large parcels.
              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Anyone have a link that I can buy a copy of TOR at?

Comment

Here : http://thunderoverreno.com/store/

Or wait they are suposed to be at Reno... no shipping that way, just buy it there.
                  Last edited by ebutner; 08-07-2008, 03:23 PM.
                  Cheers

Comment

as ebutner stated that they will again be at reno,i'm sure a lot of you got todays e mail stating that they are already backed up!! I guess in South Dakota they don't get morning and afternoon service from UPS.
                    maybe we will get our copies by reno!! Just to throw this out there, how about a fund raiser viewing of the movie at GSR??

Comment

. . .
                      Jerry Beck II
                      Director of Photography
                      1st. Asst. Director
                      Thunder Over Reno

Comment

I see from the website that they'll ship internationally (not that I need that - I can pick one up in Reno) but does anyone know whether the DVDs are region 1 (i.e. US only), region 2 (europe/asia) or non-region? It would seem pointless me buying one if it won't play on my European DVD player.

TIA,

Andy

Comment

Anybody know if the producers of TOR have given consideration to selling a disk with just the flying scenes? It would save me the trouble of editing out all the acting scenes.

Comment

I just got my copy today and watched it.

Um, it is (imho) mando to have remote in hand for:
                            1) the mute feature and
                            2) Fast forward.

The air to air shots are alone worth the price.

Man-o-man, though.............

Comment

Originally posted by Box A35
                              I just got my copy today and watched it.

Um, it is (imho) mando to have remote in hand for:
                              1) the mute feature and
                              2) Fast forward.

The air to air shots are alone worth the price.

Man-o-man, though.............
                              I watched the latest version while at OSH and while I'll agree that this is not "oscar nominee" material, it's a "nice little movie"...

Something to note: the "average" aviation minded person and those who just go to air shows because they like the spectacle, those folks who first heard of air racing when Red Bull started their program, the folks who WIIL be drawn in by Rocket Racing (yes, there were ooohs and ahhhs in the crowd during the demo at OSH ) THOSE folks... those folks who are in the position to GROW interest in REAL Air Racing... those folks LIKE the movie! In "exit polls" during showings in Fargo last year, the people were very complimentary about TOR..

So will *anyone* ever please the die hard RENO fan with a movie about the sport, unless it's a documentary?

I doubt it really. Even "Days of Thunder" which was really, in truth, not a bad movie, well produced, acting was typical "hollywood" but it had names and had all the full support of Hollywood marketing and made them money... EVEN if those guys did a TOR type movie, the movie sold well, had international interest and brought fans to fill the seats at RENO and maybe down the road, other venues... We'd still trash it...

So anyway, like it or not, this is the movie we have, It's fun to watch on big screen (at home, where I like to watch my movies anyway) some really quality folks stuck their necks WAY into the financial noose to see it made, the aerial scenes are great, it's great to remember watching it being made and remember some of the in-between scenes.. I don't think any self-respecting RENO fan can be without this one in their DVD collection!!

Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X