Any news on the Unlimited field?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news on the Unlimited field?

Was just curious if anyone had updates on the status of Rare Bear's new paint and the status of September Fury's new motor?

Re: Any news on the Unlimited field?

232 is coming along nicely and the team is looking forward to this year.

Michael

Comment

How about Rear Bear's new injected motor and the status of the wing leading edge cuff???

Ron
      Ron Henning

Comment

Originally posted by Ron101502
        How about Rear Bear's new injected motor and the status of the wing leading edge cuff???

Ron
        All that and the new top-secret improved overthruster are right on schedule!~!

Oh yea... I forgot to mention.. It was discovered in the last laps last year that the engine actually produced more power when ingesting a mix of air/fuel AND bondo!! So a new liqufied version of same has been develloped as well... WHOO HOO!!!

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
          All that and the new top-secret improved overthruster are right on schedule!~!

Oh yea... I forgot to mention.. It was discovered in the last laps last year that the engine actually produced more power when ingesting a mix of air/fuel AND bondo!! So a new liqufied version of same has been develloped as well... WHOO HOO!!!

Whenever the first unlimited racer can harness the power of hydrazine, then unlimited racing, as we know it, will change forever. Unfortunately, hydrazine is EXTREMELY hazardous and lethal, even in small quantities. But ICE engines just love the stuff and perform extremely well on it.

Comment

The 'Bear' is in mighty fine hands and work is progressing well. Rich is putting in many long hours and the 'Bear' is super smooth. Don't let the looks fool you, the pieces are coming together quickly now.

LP
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar

You're killin' us Wayner! If this is what a "day job" does to your brain, stay away from drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by MMPerk
                The 'Bear' is in mighty fine hands and work is progressing well. Rich is putting in many long hours and the 'Bear' is super smooth. Don't let the looks fool you, the pieces are coming together quickly now.
                LP
                This pic suggests that the boil-off system is on the back burner.

"The name's Bondo, James Bondo."
                Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                World Speed Record Holder

Comment

This pic suggests that the boil-off system is on the back burner.
                  Those are fake intakes in the wing leading edge to throw you off.

Comment

Originally posted by Dash
                    Roger that! Nonetheless, I think a healthy Bear will be hard to beat.
                    Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                    World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by Dash
                      I honestly don't know how far along they are on the BO system but AFAIK, there is no plan to close up the wing root intakes.. there are plans to play with what goes on in there, but again, at least, initially, no plan to close them at this time.. (remember, the engine still has to breathe through there)

Time is short, guess we'll see what we see when we see it on the ramp come a month from now!!

Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
                        Roger that! Nonetheless, I think a healthy Bear will be hard to beat.
                        Speaking of bears that are hard to beat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq_da...eature=related
                        Jason Schillereff

Comment

That's just what I needed this morning. I feel much better and I am now ready to face the day.

LP

Have a happy 'Bear' day!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X