Looks like my bunch is a GO..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like my bunch is a GO..

Just found out this week my bunch is a go for the Races this year did we ever decide where board members will meet up?

Re: Looks like my bunch is a GO..

Originally posted by wyhdah
    Just found out this week my bunch is a go for the Races this year did we ever decide where board members will meet up?
    BBQ sat at the church.
    Cheers

Comment

Nice, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ebutner
        BBQ sat at the church.
        Lunch?

Comment

Originally posted by SCEPTER
          Lunch?

I think Bob was planing on eve/dinner. Maybe he'll chime in.
          Cheers

Comment

I think Bob was planing on eve/dinner. Maybe he'll chime in.
            Hey Guys,
            Sorry for not chiming in sooner, I have been working out of town and even though I can read this forum on my crackberry my fingers are way to fat to actually type on that thing. lol
            But the chicks like it
            So yeah here is what we need to do, we need to get an idea of how big of a gathering we can expect. The church has a big bbq I am sure we can rent or use if its a bigger (10) gathering, not sure how they would feel about a full fledged party though. But a modest gathering for some ice cold beer would be just fine. All the denizons of the back lawn gathered around and drank some beer and recanted the days activities last year.
            If there is alot of people showing interest in a gathering I will call the church in an effort to win their blessing, no pun intended lol. And if there is just a few I will bring my bbq and whip up a mouth watering brisket and some pork ribs. In case anyone is Jewish the ribs will be purchased at half price and therefore are kosher.

Bob

Comment

BBQ sat at the church.
              Kewl! I've been buried at Oshkosh working my new "day job" (really a lot more fun that I'd ever imagined!) at the Sky Bike booth...

Before I left for here, at last check, we were narrowing down the gap to have both Bluffman and Lockheed Bob at the races. Getting them to the "gathering" at the church would be completely GRAVY!

Still need some contros to get Bluffman square (he has already ponied up his air fare and hotel reservations, we HAVE to get funds raised to cover his costs, however!) and also to get Lockheed Bob some gas money and room fees! (anyone in the local area who has accomidations worthy of a guy like Lockheed Bob and would like to have a piece of air race history stay at their place as a guest, please feel free to step forward!)

Sorry for no photos from me from OSH.. was not planning on going in first place, got a very generous offer to work a booth for an exhibitor, we have had absolutely amazing response to the new bird that will, hopefully, be here next year in prototype form, that I've just been "trapped" at the booth talking NON-STOP from 8:30AM to 5:00PM and BEYOND!

More info on my OSH soon...

Hope to see you all at the BBQ come Saturday at RENO!

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Cool... Bob and I have been talking about this for a while... To have Larry and Locheed Bob join us would be AWESOME... I'm bering some cold ones for everyone... Bob shall we start a list to see who's actualy comeing? 3 in my family... Also shall we all bring some meat to through on the BBQ?

Eric
                Cheers

Comment

I generally try to avoid churches due to Weddings and Funerals but I think I'll have to make an exception for this...it is Reno after all!

I'm pretty sure I can drag Thelma along as well!

Please add 2 more to the list!

-gg

Comment

My youngest daughter and I will be at the church, camping out on the motorcycle.

I had the pleasure of meeting eButner yesterday in Bishop, and he's pretty stoked about the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigger Al
                      My youngest daughter and I will be at the church, camping out on the motorcycle.

I had the pleasure of meeting eButner yesterday in Bishop, and he's pretty stoked about the whole thing!
                      Thanks Al. It was cool to meet you. kinda short visit on my part, but nice. Looking forward to the races and the BBQ big time. How was the Tahoe ride? If you get down to Bishop while you are in the area drop by Perry Motors and say hi... Have a great time ridding!

Eric
                      Cheers

Comment

Thanks Al. It was cool to meet you. kinda short visit on my part, but nice. Looking forward to the races and the BBQ big time. How was the Tahoe ride? If you get down to Bishop while you are in the area drop by Perry Motors and say hi... Have a great time ridding!

Eric

The Tahoe ride was miserable. The traffic was as thick as I've ever seen it, and people had their very best stupid hats on. I also messed up my hip a little bit helping my buddy push start his dead bike, so that didn't help any.
                        Now I get to plan the Reno ride and camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
                          Hey Guys,
                          And if there is just a few I will bring my bbq and whip up a mouth watering brisket and some pork ribs. In case anyone is Jewish the ribs will be purchased at half price and therefore are kosher.

Bob
                          And just so he understands, in case anyone is "Bob", The jewish people will speak slower and look at him so he understands the big words like innapropriate, which is related to the former post. come on Bob this is the internet not your living room.

John
                          John Slack

Comment

And just so he understands, in case anyone is "Bob", The jewish people will speak slower and look at him so he understands the big words like innapropriate, which is related to the former post. come on Bob this is the internet not your living room.

John
                            Can't say I disagree with that! One should always engage one's brain before engaging the keyboard.

Kevin

Comment

Well, being Jewish I think I can make a Jewish joke if I want to. And if I offended you well I suppose I apologise.

Comment

Working...
                              X