A New Kid in Town...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Kid in Town...

I know of one pilot who had a great time at PRS...

Re: A New Kid in Town...

When I told him that he looked good out there, he got a big smile and said, "It was fun!"

Neal, which camera and lens were you using for that shot?
    Attached Files

Comment

Stunning photo Neal - as they say..... picture perfect
      Mark K....

Comment

I seem to be falling further behind in my posting as well as other communications -- been an awfully busy summer and it's gonna stay that way til after Reno. So much for a relaxing retirement.

Anyway, Ken -- this was taken with Nikon's new D3 full frame camera, borrowed with thanks from the Nikon reps who were on site at PRS. The lens was my trusty 300 mm F4 prime with a Nikon 1.4x converter (this lens just loves converters!). A pretty capable camera (which it should be, I guess, for 5 Grand!).

More from this combo:

Does anybody know what's happening with Dennis Buehn these days? He used to build T-6s by the bunch down in Compton years ago and then got invoved in Albatrosses and such when he moved to Nevada. Now suddenly these new and beautiful T-6s are turning up with his name on them. Is he back in the T-6 business again?

Neal
        Last edited by wingman; 07-31-2008, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Absolutely spectacular Neal
          "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Originally posted by wingman

Does anybody know what's happening with Dennis Buehn these days? He used to build T-6s by the bunch down in Compton years ago and then got invoved in Albatrosses and such when he moved to Nevada. Now suddenly these new and beautiful T-6s are turning up with his name on them. Is he back in the T-6 business again?

Neal

Seems that way.

Comment

Man, I know it's all a personal preference, but I just don't get those T-6 guys and their lack of helmets.

Great shots, Neal!

Gary

Comment

Those are great pictures Neal. I know they should be and they are, thanks.

Comment

Amazingly sharp pictures, neat how you can see the ground in the Strega shot.
                  Is the canopy slightly back on the T-6 for air circulation?

Jarrod

Comment

Chip always wears his helmet.

Photo by Birgitta...

Last edited by wingman; 07-31-2008, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Anyway, Ken -- this was taken with Nikon's new D3 full frame camera, borrowed with thanks from the Nikon reps who were on site at PRS. The lens was my trusty 300 mm F4 prime with a Nikon 1.4x converter (this lens just loves converters!). A pretty capable camera (which it should be, I guess, for 5 Grand!).

Thanks Neal,
                      I figured you were using the D3 and your 300mm, but didn't see the converter. Simply outstanding shots. Nikon should comp you with one for demonstrating their product's capabilities. Thanks and looking forward to Reno 2008.
                      Ken
                      Last edited by Ken from PG; 08-01-2008, 12:43 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=wingman]

A pretty capable camera (which it should be, I guess, for 5 Grand!).

.....That Sir,
                        is more than I have paid (in total) for my last five cars!
                        Mayday51
                        Jim Gallagher

Comment

Originally posted by wingman
                          Chip always wears his helmet.
                          Yeah, Chip's heard my rant before though...many times.

Gary

Comment

Chip Woods is another interesting Air Racing story. He posts here a bit, by the way. He has for the last quite a few years been the crew chief for Mary Dilda's "Two of Hearts", and his endless work and dedication has been a very big part of Mary's well-known success. That airplane has gotten a lot faster on Chip's watch.

Now #22 is owned by John Zayac -- President of the T-6 racing class and now owner of two racers, including the lovely #37. Chip flew John's #12 "Thumper" at PRS 2007, but has not raced. For PRS this year, John brought #37 for Chip to fly while John attended to his instructing chores.

Kinda makes one wonder -- Chip, "Two of Hearts", two fast racers with one owner...

Chip looks awfully good out there, and has quite a few laps under his belt at this point.

Neal

Last edited by wingman; 08-01-2008, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Ahhh....Now I understand the prop.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X