RARA tickets in the mail today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RARA tickets in the mail today

Yippee, I just recieved my seat and pit passes from Rara today. The races must just be around the corner !! Question though, I recieved a pit pass ticket for each day instead of the one for the entire event as in years past. Is this new this year ? Rad

Re: RARA tickets in the mail today

I've always received individual pit passes of different colors for each day.
    I haven't received mine yet. But I'll have my nose to the window watching for the mailman!!
    Last edited by Tim Jones; 07-10-2008, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I have always recieved one pit pass ticket which I take to the booth and they exchange it for a wrist band which lasts all week long. Rad

Comment

Yes it that time of year. Just received my tickets today. I've been going for over 25 years but have never made it to the Warlock party. This year I'm going to make it. Wed throught Sunday what a week.
        Jay Smith

Comment

We just got ours yesterday. This will be our first time..finally. The anticipation is killing me.

Comment

your first will be the best! 01 would of been mine....sigh but 02 was some good memories, got to see strega fly for the first time.
            was in the stands when they brought the bear around in front of the crowd and ran her up still gives me chills!
            i followed the thundermustangs on the internet for years before i finally got to see one in real life, what a blast it was to watch Darryl and john duke it out (sport class) for a few years!
            Todd Smith

Comment

Originally posted by realrundell
              We just got ours yesterday. This will be our first time..finally. The anticipation is killing me.
              Congrats on your 1st Reno.
              At one time I wrote list of "10 Rules for Reno", but have since lost it.

Basically (no particular order):
              1* Bring cash!
              2* Bring hat, sunglasses, sunblock, a jacket and gloves.
              3* Make dinner reservations or plans in advance.
              4* Limit group dinners to 6-ish for better service. (many places won't split a bill. See item #1).
              5* Buy memorabilia on 1st day (stock runs out).
              6* Hydrate early and eat early or late to avoid crowds.
              7* Pace yourself... it can be a long weekend.

Can't remember the rest, but I started to have a more enjoyable Reno when I planned ahead a bit.
              Tj
              Tom Johnson,
              Aviation Insurance Broker / Yak 50 Owner
              www.airpowerinsurance.com

Comment

Will NAG be set up some where Monday and have passes for sale to members?

Comment

I suspect Betty is at Arlington this weekend, so her reply may be a little slower than usual, but I'm sure the NAG passes will be available as always.
                  Or you can volunteer for NAG, and they'll give you your pass
                  It's fun and you meet some great people.

Rachel

Comment

That Rachel is a smart cookie. I just came home from Arlington, WA, which was the NWEAA Fly in and Airshow, but now called ARLINGTON Fly in and Airshow. I saw Rachel and her family, briefly, Ed Anderson, the Canadian photog, a few Reno racers that live in the NW, and lots of friends who, like me, love those noisy, smokey engines that go fast.

The NAG members have been involved as volunteers at Reno for 34 years or so. One of the member benefits is a discount on the linepass - full week of Gen'l. Admission and Pit pass combined. You must have been a member in good standing by the end of July to qualify. We will solicit new members at the NAG Shack (in the Pits) but WILL NOT accept NEW memberships at the ticket window at the Main Gate on Mon and Tues. Not fair to RARA or to NAG for that matter. You must be a bonafide member, and not just to get the discount. Your dues cover the publication of our Newsletter, pay for the cost of our NAG Shack in the Pits, the T-shirts the NAG Express wear, and the supplies other than paper to print the results and pairings of the races. We also maintain a couple of Bulletin Boards and post those same items for the public's viewing pleasure. We volunteer as Docents, as NAG Express, Information Booth reps, and anywhere else RARA asks for our services.
                    E-mail or PM me for more info.
                    Betty Sherman, Treasurer
                    National Air racing Group

Comment

Working...
                    X