More PRS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More PRS?

I do hate it when Victor posts his stuff first, but I did get a couple of shots.

The IF1 Gold should be quite interesting this year. I expect Steve Temple, for one, to be pushing a bit harder as he dials in some "Madness"...

Re: More PRS?

Good job an that pic... Way cool!!!

Eric
    Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by wingman
      I do hate it when Victor posts his stuff first, but I did get a couple of shots.
      I'm just the opening band...
      Excellent shot Neal!!!
      http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

No sweat Neal, You in my mind are the master, I will always appreciate the things we learned from the Bakersfield pictures, Bill Hickle and Dave Cornell did a real thorough inspection of the fuselage structure after seeing those and re-inforcements were done. Your work on that one probably saved a life I hold dear.
        hmmm, You then became the official photographer for the team as well as Crockers, I believe, Didn't you have your name on the gear door for that?
        John Slack

Comment

OK -- How about a little finely aged Italian wine?

Or perhaps an alternative brew?

Comment

Feel free to keep posting
            I love this stuff.
            No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
            http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Speaking of seeing things, the canopy on Dago is not shut tight as on Strega.
              http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
              http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Neal, zap me an e-mail, please.

gaustin (at) cafhq.org

Awesome shots, by the way!

Gary

Comment

Neal, I have recieved a couple of e-mails since I have metioned them that have inquired about the fuselage deformation that showed up in your Bakersfield race pictures. Do you have a way of posting them, I will not as they are not my images to post.
                  Thanks for your time, John
                  John Slack

Comment

VERY nice job Neal!!

Comment

I know i've said it before Neal, you're pics have a quality about them, as if they are as you see them with the naked eye.

I really think knowing how "not" to use photoshop is the key. I see so many with way too much PS, BS!!! Mine included

Thanks for posting!!

Anthony
                      Last edited by sierra fox; 06-27-2008, 01:06 PM. Reason: sp
                      "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Thanks Anthony, and Ryan, and all...

I do just as much "Photoshopping" as anybody here, I think. Each photographer has a style, and a taste. I learned a lot of photography doing black and white in the darkroom, and by reading Ansel Adams on exposure and dealing with shadows. This led me to a love for open shadows with lots of detail. This "look" is what I think people respond to in some of my stuff, as compared to other photographers who like a contrastier and thus more dramatic look to their work. One thing I really love about "digital" is the huge range of choices a properly exposed image gives me. Far from being cold and clinical (which I was a bit afraid of when I started the digital journey), the digital process has simply expanded the choices.

It's all in knowing what look you want for an image, and having enough understanding and control of the process to make your image what you want it to be.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess...

Neal

Comment

Wow, that's one of the best Dago shots I've ever seen. Nice.
                          _________
                          -Matt
                          Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

This is one of my all time favorite Neal Nurmi shots...
                            I call it, "TORQUE!"

(It's a picture of a picture, so forgive the quality of the image in this post.)

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by retroaviation
                              This is one of my all time favorite Neal Nurmi shots...
                              I call it, "TORQUE!"

(It's a picture of a picture, so forgive the quality of the image in this post.)

Gary
                              That is a great picture and is kind of like what I was describing before it is the shadows that seem to show up in Neal's pictures like this one that show the deformation I was describing elsewhere in the Bakersfield pictures. there are a couple of points to be made about the Rare Bear in this shot, but I'd like to not hi-jack the thread.
                              Last edited by BellCobraIV; 06-27-2008, 01:50 PM.
                              John Slack

Comment

Working...
                              X