Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks are truly owed to the shutterbugs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks are truly owed to the shutterbugs.

To all the guys that get up early spend thousands of dollhairs on ever changing equipment. To those that work longer hours during race week as some of the crews do. Who unselfishly share their finer work here and other places. Let me say thanks.

Through the results of Neal Nurmi's pictures at Bakersfield in 1985 we found some issues on the Rare Bear that needed fixed. Bucky Dawson sent everyone at Zeuschel's that wanted one a really nice picture of Dave's final pass with Chuck Thornton at Shafter just before. I have some really nice pictures from Richard Vander Muellen, (sorry Richard I always mess up the spelling) that were taken during one of the three Cylinder changes that we did in 1992, They still make me cold and miserable and tired looking at them. The Sommers Blackman pictures taken at Las Vegas, New Mexico are the only professional grade pictures taken at the 3 KM. Record because as we were told Sandberg was the one to see. I never took pictures because even the years I brought my Minolta XG-SE, I was always busy when there was something I wanted to shoot. Besides I can shoot a picture but unlike most of you that take the really good pictures I can't compose an image worth beans, But that is the deal I have had with most of you over the Years you didn't build engines I wouldn't take pictures.

Notice I have now started another paragraph. I feel a lot of the BS that just went through the Daaaaaaaaa goooooo thread was because of a reaction to my posting a simple post regarding the term "Mouse Motor", The person that posted the original post reacted by editing the post and asking if that would make me happy, I now after reading his subsequent posts were he claimed he was not allowed to use the word "Mouse Motor" that he was in fact being insincere. So I would like to just say that there are several photographers including Victor Archer that I admire greatly "THEIR WORK", Because without them, I find I can't remember "MY WORK". So I've wrinkled some feathers, I've stuck up for my friends, all the while never using a pseudonym or hiding my ID in anyway. If I've been offensive to some over the years I probably at least meant it a little. If I've been complimentary to some I truly meant it. It's been fun there have been some great stories. Cheers, But I kind of feel like "All I wanted was a Pepsi, but she wouldn't give it to me"

I will quiet and polite now Wayne, you have no further need for me I am sure.
    John Slack

Re: Thanks are truly owed to the shutterbugs.

Originally posted by BellCobraIV
    Wayne, you have no further need for me I am sure.
    John, you've pissed in my wheaties a few times but I'm not a grudge holder.. you have a lot to offer the sport, I've always said that..

I hate it when, as in the other thread, these things get SO completely out of control. A simple, innocent sentence by someone "Getting back on track here..................not that this whole mouse, mice, rat thing isnt interesting." made by a fellow photographer whom was merely complimenting another photographer, a photographer who started the thread by posting pictures. HOW does this turn into all, it would seem, most of us are thinking about since that completely innocent sentence was typed?

There was no tirade about being it was just a simple "getting back on track here"....

This is why I said all that I said in the other thread.. it *almost* seems that some people here look for any small thread of discontent and then completely blow it out of proportion to the needs at hand.

Thank you John for the wonderful compliment to the role the photographers of the sport play. Thank you for all that you've brought to air racing and hopefully will bring to it in the future..

Now.. .let's REALLY get back on track here and bask in the pure joy and beauty of what trapped us all into our life long obsession with this sport in the first place.. OK?!

THANKS!!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Thanks are truly owed to the shutterbugs.

AMEN Wayne, thats exactly what i was thinking, and to Mr Slack, your posts are always a learning experience for me so thank you and to wayne thanks for providing the forums for the likes of Mr Slack, and all the others who post here
      race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Working...
      X