Blue Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Angels

I came across this news item from San Francisco . I don't believe this guy!

What do you guys think?

I say...Write him!

It often amazes me who I went to war for and how little they will ever appreciate it. Whiners like this guy are a perfect example. Read his article and you will see that he mentions many forms of the word "Macho" in his article with a tone filled with disdain. I could not help but notice the one where he mentions young boys squealing. Hmmmmm....

I wonder what would happen if he got his way and the military was decimated, leaving the shores open for anyone who has the will to attack. I am sure that if someone was threatening him, he would be the first to call someone to protect him, but once the incident was over, he would go back to his hatred for those who provide him the liberty to write his opinion. He will be the first person to claim his right to free speech as guaranteed by the second amendment, but will turn right around and display his abhorrance for the process or the defense of the process that gave him that "right".

All I can say is that it is a good thing he does ot live in THIS part of the country. He probably would not last the day.

This is his e-mail address. mmorford@sfgate.com

Send him a letter telling him how you feel.

G

Comment

Misguided arrogance

Dude needs to remember that planes like the F-18 and pilots like those flying the Blue Angels are what enables his misguided OPINIONS to be made public without fear of reprisal.

Too bad he doesn't get it.

San Francisco and Los Angeles are two of the things I don't like about my home state.

Bill Pearce
      (from somewhere in Ohio, at the moment)
      Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
      Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Why you went

You went to war so idiots like this could say pretty much anything they like. You went to war so we all have a right to our opinions, beliefs and morals, whether we be Catholic, born again, gay, KKK, or Nazi. That is why men (and women ) have gone to war since the beginning of this country. But you know that, and thats why you went.
        What scares me is that these opinions are given credibility as fact. History shows that the only safe and prosperous nation is a strong one. Other countries respect that power and either fear it or are grateful for it. Military power means death and destuction, thats their job. Sorry if this columnist can't handle it.
        Maybe he could reason with the Talibans and Saddams of the world and convince them to see things his way, live and let live, and give peace a chance. See how far he gets with these missunderstood leaders that just want a peaceful, happy world like he does, and see how long it is before he is whining for those macho, noisy, fuel guzzling, overpriced pieces of technology to come and save his ass!
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Thank God for F18s and those that fly them

I have the greatest respect for those that serve so I can live as I do. This guy has the right to his opinion but so do I. Thank all of you who make me proud to be an American.

MattB

Comment

liberal butthead

I agree with GS Bloom, write that sad sack, I just did.

Eric Martin

Comment

Ditto

So did I. Fill his mailbox, but don't use too many big words, we don't want to confuse him.....
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

interesting side note...

If you read this guys stuff...and more is posted there on that site...he loves to bring up our President in a "tained light" because he was in the oil industry at one time. I guess if you had anything to do with the oil industry, you have to be a crook somehow.

I wonder if he ever brought up the fact that both Clintons were Lawyers....

hmmmmm

Comment

environmentalist

I noticed he described the A/F-18 as a gas guzzler. True maybe, but a Honda or Yugo cant pound you into submission.....
                  Maybe we could throw rocks from hang gliders.
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Gas guzzler!

Probably no more than the SUV he drives around SF.

I aint good at words but I sent a note, telling him that,

Mark,
                    Your view on the Blue Angles is a little skewed to one side.
                    The show in the afghan hills is better than Fleet Week and there are Ladies and Gentlemen that are dancing in the streets for it.
                    I like seeing what I paid for and I like seeing it used for the purpose that it was intended.

Keep up the good work of keeping us all at each others throats.
                    Steve W.

Another turkey with a pen and an attitude.
                    ECVSteve
                    E Clampus Vitus SST #1827, #1850
                    Reno Fan since around "82"

Comment

Just so they know...

Last week (or was it the week before) at Nellis the base commander asked us to all take a second or two whenever there was a chance, and tell one of the uniformed people on the base that we appreciated what they were doing.

I did and the reaction was fantastic from every airman and woman that I said thank you to.

I suggest that we all remember the commanders request and each time you see someone in uniform, go up and thank them for all that they are doing for our country.

The fellow who wrote this story, as we all can see, does not get it... period!

Wayne Sagar
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I sent him my opinion of his artical and what I think of him.

People like that should go and live in another country. Just to see how damm good they have it here.

I know there are several inlisted people that frequent this site. So I am going to take a page out of Wayne's book.

THANK YOU! You are all heroes in my book.

By the way I also told him that MR. Bush has a title that he has earned. and it is a disgrace, and shows how ungreatful he is. Yo call him by any thing ells.

Comment

As an Air Force Enlisted aviator that is sitting in an undisclosed country flying missions back and forth to Afghanistan, I have something to say. .

I live in Washington State. There is a huge military presence there, but very few people there seem to like or appreciate us. As is the case with this gentleman, WE DON'T CARE. We will defend this guys right to his opinion, no matter how misguided it may be and we will continue to do what we do because it is our job.

All that matters to me is giving my daughter a safer world to grow up in. Hearing people say thanks is nice and is is definately appreciated. But we would do our jobs anyhow.

As for this gentlemans remarks about our President, I can only say this: Lord how we hated his predecessor!

One more thing, I have seen what F-18's can really do. It's way more impressive than fleet week

Brad Pilgrim
                          C-17 Loadmaster
                          (these views are my own, not those of the USAF)

Comment

Brad, the author of that article is simply misguided. He seems to feel that the world is a very friendly place and that we're the terrible aggressors that wreak havoc on the peacful inhabitants of all the poorer nation's in the world..

We may not be perfect but we're usually pretty close to right in what we do with our military...

And, THANK YOU for what you are doing and the sacrifices you are making to keep us strong and safe!

Wayne Sagar
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I feel the editor of the paper should be embarrased for exposing one of his journalist's or reader's myopia and lack of intelligence, or critical thinking skills to say the least. He is inconsistent in bolstering his myopic view point, and takes significant leaps in logic to reach his conclusions. A mental midget could obviously see that the hyperbole invoked describing corronary isssues in the elderly is absurd. He lacks, apparrently, the ability to compartmentalize or make distinctions between what an F-18 is or what it represents. I can't imagine very many educated individuals to be in agreement with his idea of what the Blues are. One of my brothers, became a US Naval aviator after seeing the Blues at an airshow. An F-18 is a tool that can be used for defense as well as offence, as most military tools can be. It is a valuable recruitment tool that represents the hard working and dedicated support people as well as the civilians that were able to design and built a superior tool, and much more. Just my opinion, I could be wrong!
                              georgelakesiii@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X