Bob Avery letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Avery letter

It was a nice explaination by Bob in his letter to everyone of the whats and whys of the Nellis demo. It is nice to see Bob has taken on such an endeavor. I had no idea that a real race would be illegal at Nellis, but it makes a lot of sense why it would be that way...being a commercial event at a military installation.

Bob, if you are listening, it was good to see you at Reno. I wish I had more time to sit and chat with you. All the best in your efforts to advance air racing. It is nice to see someone taking the ball and running with it.

Bob and I go back a few years when he created a wonderful array of merchandise for Miss America and I played "carnival barker" and sold a ton of it for him and the team. I still wear my one of a kind "Merlin Power" jacket all the time.

I took a gentleman to the race who worked Ramp Security with me who works for Shell Oil and has been involved with sponsorship of "other" racing events in the past. Maybe I could hook you two up???

Let me know what I can do to help.

Glenn

Glenn,

I don't know of too many people who have worked harder and longer in the trenches to make things happen in this sport than Bob has.

It's great that things are coming together so well for him and WoW! Certainly not an "overnight success" though, as you well know.

Mr. Avery is a very determined man and after watching him go after his goals with World of Wings, I'd have to say... The USAF should have never let him leave F-15's!

In an air 2 air battle, I'd not want "Sammy" (Bob's callsign) trying to get on my six! He'd never give up!

Congratulations on a great showing at Nellis Bob Avery and WoW!

Wayne Sagar
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hello Glenn and Wayne,

It's finally the weekend and I have time to catch up with AAFO news.

Glenn, I am also disappointed we didn't have time to chat more at Reno but it seems we're always too busy there. Rather we had time to talk or not, it's always good to see a friend after months or years and know all is well. Guess that's both of our military training kicking in. And for the record, you were our star "carnival barker" at any Reno event we had. You have a merchandise sales job with us anytime.

Wayne, thanks for the words of encouragement on our push for making air racing better. I have a strong and motivated team and believe if anybody can do it, these folks will. But if anybody has hung in there, it's you. I know how much you have given of yourself to keep the flame alive and as I've said to you many times, my hat is off.

Thanks guys. We're pressing hard here and hope to have some good news for you soon.

All best,
      Bob

Comment

Working...
      X